Questions about what tire size i should be running on my 2013 wrx

This is a discussion on Questions about what tire size i should be running on my 2013 wrx within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Please help me out. I just got wheels today the specs are 18x9.5 +40 they are for my 2013 Subaru ...

Questions about what tire size i should be running on my 2013 wrx

Please help me out. I just got wheels today

the specs are 18x9.5 +40 they are for my 2013 Subaru wrx they are the bbs LM style

wanted to no what will be the best tire to put on them thanks

I was going with 235/40/18 but idk if I should go 245/40/18 anyone no what I should run

thanks for the help everyone

Subaru for life!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would go 265/35/18, but if that is too beefy for you then I wouldn't go less than 255/35/18. The tire specs you listed would give it way too much tire stretch.

Oh I see. Thank you so much for the advice. I got the bbs Lm style wheels coming in and I hope it works out.

2013 DGM sedan with rota t2r wheels

235/40/18 tires are stretched a little on 18X9.5 wheels.

The 265/35/18 recommended above is a nearly perfect match to the rolling diameter of the 235/45/17 stock tires.

ok cool thanks
    I live in Honolulu, hi and our roads here suck!!!
    I was going to go with 265/35/18 but I wondering if that can handle the roads out here.

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you already bought 18" wheels, I wouldn't recommend going for a much bigger sidewall due to the differences in diameter that would cause (I would think 40's would be ok). I run 245/40/18's on my stock wheels for the winter...Not 100% sure on the diameter as far as if it would be advisable for a WRX to run that set up, but I would think you would be fine. If I had recommended something for rough roads I would have said stick with some 17 inch wheels, and maybe even consider going for 16 inch wheels, with a thicker sidewall. Ever notice how rally cars have smaller wheels? Its so they can get more meat between the wheel and the ground to absorb the bumpy terrain...But regardless...I have 18x9 inch wheels (the STi comes stock with 18x8.5's), and I drive on pretty horrendous roads and I run 255/35/18's in the summer and am just fine. You just want to be careful about driving directly through wheel eating potholes. If you do a significant amount of offroading on really tough terrain I would say reconsider your wheel purchase (ie return them).
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 04-03-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Ok awesome thanks so much. I will use that info thanks