ROTA GRID R 18x9.5 38 offset 2002 WRX Wagon.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ROTA GRID R 18x9.5 38 offset 2002 WRX Wagon. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I really like the look of the Rota Grid R's and I'm keen to get a set for ...

ROTA GRID R 18x9.5 38 offset 2002 WRX Wagon.

Hi all,

I really like the look of the Rota Grid R's and I'm keen to get a set for my 2002 WRX wagon. I've been advised that the above size and offset is correct but after researching it seems I need quite a lot of mods. I want the car to look good, and for the rims to sit nice just under the guards, but I really don't know much about selecting the correct size :/ if the guards need rolling I'm assuming this is done at a panel beater, but do I need coil overs as well, and what would be a good choice in brand? And where can I get camber adjusted?

Appreciate the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The above sizes are not correct. And I would advise against coilovers on a street car. But I'm assuming you want looks over performance and a nice flush look. You will need to roll the fenders and pull them, and a custom alignment, I'm certain of that --also depends on tire selection and ride height as to the specifics, I'm assuming you're going to use the correct size tire and not a stretched tire.

I wouldn't be surprised if you need to, roll them, pull them and add a good amount of camber. Not an expert on wagons, but I know they have smaller fenders than sedans. And those wheels would be difficult to fit under sedan fenders...

To adjust camber:
    rear - lower strut bolts, strut top mount bolts, camber plates or camber bolts, or lateral links bolts or with aftermarket adjustable lateral links
    front - " , " , "

In short you need to get under there and measure. Is this a daily driver and are you only wanting the looks; or are there performance considerations, because this setup won't perform well. It would look pretty sweet though. I would get on some of the wheel/tire/fitment threads around NASIOC. You're likely to find someone with the exact setup you want.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.