ROTA GRID R 18x9.5 38 offset 2002 WRX Wagon.

This is a discussion on ROTA GRID R 18x9.5 38 offset 2002 WRX Wagon. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I really like the look of the Rota Grid R's and I'm keen to get a set for ...

ROTA GRID R 18x9.5 38 offset 2002 WRX Wagon.

Hi all,

I really like the look of the Rota Grid R's and I'm keen to get a set for my 2002 WRX wagon. I've been advised that the above size and offset is correct but after researching it seems I need quite a lot of mods. I want the car to look good, and for the rims to sit nice just under the guards, but I really don't know much about selecting the correct size :/ if the guards need rolling I'm assuming this is done at a panel beater, but do I need coil overs as well, and what would be a good choice in brand? And where can I get camber adjusted?

Appreciate the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The above sizes are not correct. And I would advise against coilovers on a street car. But I'm assuming you want looks over performance and a nice flush look. You will need to roll the fenders and pull them, and a custom alignment, I'm certain of that --also depends on tire selection and ride height as to the specifics, I'm assuming you're going to use the correct size tire and not a stretched tire.

I wouldn't be surprised if you need to, roll them, pull them and add a good amount of camber. Not an expert on wagons, but I know they have smaller fenders than sedans. And those wheels would be difficult to fit under sedan fenders...

To adjust camber:
    rear - lower strut bolts, strut top mount bolts, camber plates or camber bolts, or lateral links bolts or with aftermarket adjustable lateral links
    front - " , " , "

In short you need to get under there and measure. Is this a daily driver and are you only wanting the looks; or are there performance considerations, because this setup won't perform well. It would look pretty sweet though. I would get on some of the wheel/tire/fitment threads around NASIOC. You're likely to find someone with the exact setup you want.