Question regarding tires
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question regarding tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have a 2014 WRX I just purchased March 16, 2014. Havent even had the car 10 days ...

Question regarding tires

Hey guys, I have a 2014 WRX I just purchased March 16, 2014. Havent even had the car 10 days yet. I got a screw in the left rear tire, right in the shoulder on the inside of the tire and it wont hold air. They wont repair it, I have to replace it. I have Dunlop SP Sport 01. I plan on buying the same size and brand/model tire. 235/45/R17

The car currently has 265 miles on it. My question is (because I am new to AWD) do I have to purchase a pair of tires, all four, or only one? I dont want to rip up the differential by running only 1 new tire and 3 used. I apologize if this is a noob question but I love my wrx and would hate to screw it up over a tire. Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should be fine.

BTW - I moved this to the correct forum.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

You will be fine. I had my tire blow out on me and they couldn't patch it. Got a brand new one covered under the warranty I had, but was also concerned about AWD and the tread matching on all 4 tires. They told me the tread was still okay and wasn't much of a difference to be a problem. If it was a concern they would just shave the tire down to match the tread on the others.

I Support ClubWRX
    According to Tire Rack the below info is within the safe margin. Anything over that and you need to get four new or shave the new one down to match.

"Subaru - Within 1/4-inch of tire circumference or about 2/32-inch of each other in remaining tread depth."

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=18
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Thanks for the help guys

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.