Black vs Epic

This is a discussion on Black vs Epic within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I guess I will start by saying that I have done quite a bit of researching, but am hoping for ...

Black vs Epic

I guess I will start by saying that I have done quite a bit of researching, but am hoping for a push in a specific direction. First, I will be running either of these springs on the 2014 stock struts. I do understand that this is not ideal, however, it will have to suffice as dropping $1400 or so is not in the cards for me right now.
    The car is a daily driver and will never see a track of any sort. There is some spirited driving, but not altogether that much. In peoples opinions am I better to go with the RCE Black route or Epic? Both appear to work with stock struts and be of decent quality. I have been leaning toward the blacks assuming that a few years (I don't log many miles) down the line if the struts go they are the better spring for an aftermarket upgrade. I want the spring to be reasonably comfortable as again it is daily driven.
    So if anyone can guide me to a good decision it would be appreciated. Comfort and aesthetics as well as performance are all a driving factor. I have a set of RPF1 17x8 +45 w/235/45 that will be the wheel setup. I'll also add that I live in MA and the roads can be disgusting if a good route isn't planned for the commute.

Thanks in adavance!
    Dustin
    2014 Dgm Wrx Hatch
    17x8 Enkei RPF1 - Namless CBE - Rally Armor Flaps
    Stink-Eye Mob #978

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I sell both, but steer people towards the RCEs every time...

Quote Originally Posted by WTF Tuning View Post
    I sell both, but steer people towards the RCEs every time...
    Tell him why?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Amg14
    Tell him why?
    Because the RCEs are better

EDIT: Forgot which account I was logged into...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

As an owner of an '04 STi with Epic springs on stock struts, I can tell you to stay far away from them.

The ride is horrible. The car bounces and pogos like mad. It's over sprung and underdamped. It would be a hell of a lot better if my combo were sent out to Feal for their Tarmac spec rebuilt and re-valved set up, which I am most likely going to do soon. . . . after I buy a set of RCE Yellows.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby