Tein Coilover Problem... :(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tein Coilover Problem... :( within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Once upon a time... I bought a brand new set of Tein Street Basis coilovers from a reputable vendor. They ...

Tein Coilover Problem... :(

Once upon a time...

I bought a brand new set of Tein Street Basis coilovers from a reputable vendor. They were the best mod I've done to the car... until yesterday.

Initially the ride was super smooth, not bouncy at all, and handled like a dream. Now, 4k miles later, the ride is all of a sudden noticeably bumpy. It's not unbearable to the point where I think they're blown, but something's definitely changed.

Did they settle in? Is this the ride quality I'm stuck with, forever?

Can I add anything to make them feel more stiff again? Would changing out the strut mounts help at all?

Seriously beyond disappointed right now. Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.

Hopefully living smoothly and happily ever after (again),

Nicole

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

loose top nut (main nut in center of tophat (on one of the shafts).
    blown seal (I've torched two sets of coils this way)
    loose tophat mount nut (one of three or all three)

probably loose shaft nut... that's what always starts it.
    If you want quiet, and they fit, Group N hats are pretty soft compared to solid hats.

cheap coilover problems lol

MTM
    do they make a noise? I have a blown one as well but its just loud and annoying. Weird they all feel like that. It doesnt sound like they are blown to me.

idk if Id call teins cheap... they are lower to mid end of reputable suspension brands.

Im on Tein Basics.

tein basics are cheap entry level coilovers. Id say the tein ss are mid.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    tein basics are cheap entry level coilovers. Id say the tein ss are mid.
    I'm sure she would appreciate constructive feedback more than opinions of whether she made a good purchase or not.

You had these installed at a shop right? Maybe bring them in and have them take a look around to see if they can notice anything gone awry. Seems like 4K is low miles for even low range coils to go bad if you are not tracking your car.

ur right my bad. but im sure they have a warranty which is nice if there is actually something wrong with them.

I would call TEIN ask some questions regarding your issue/concern. Also, bring your WRX to the shop you had them installed like mentioned above. TEIN, has an office in California I would call them.
    Hopefully you get some good news soon. I was too also interested in TEIN coilovers for my WRX.

Cheers to a better day soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.