Getting new tires
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Getting new tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys so I got my 18x9.5 rpf1 and am trying to decide which size tire to get. I see ...

Getting new tires

Hey guys so I got my 18x9.5 rpf1 and am trying to decide which size tire to get. I see most people rubbing 255/35/18 and 265/35/18. I'm planning on rolling my rear fenders once when I my rce black springs.
    Since I'm only planning on dropping the car 1" should I go for the bigger tire 265/35/18? I'm going to order the continental dw.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    265's would fit good on a 9.5 inch wheel. I have a 9 inch wheel and 255's fit it perfect, so you could go a little wider and get a nice fitment.

Thanks for the response ! I would still only need to roll the rears right? Nothing has to be done to my front fenders?

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have 265's on my wheels, but with the 255's it is golden. I think there are a few members on here running 265's that didn't have to roll the front fenders, so hopefully they chime in. What is the offset of the wheels?

18x9.5 +38. Yea I see more people running 255/35 so I might just go that route cuz i know it's a sure fit. But I do think the 265 would look a little better

I Support ClubWRX
    Post on this thread, as Torque monitors it and I think he has a similar set up as that. I would think you would need to roll the front and rear with a +38 offset on an 18x9.5 inch wheel with 265's. (He might be running 17's though I can't remember).

The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread

I will thanks man

finally got done procrastinating and ordered the conti dw 255/35/18. should have them mounted up by the end of the week!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.