Will Swift Sport springs rid me of my bobblehead ride?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Will Swift Sport springs rid me of my bobblehead ride? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Will Swift Sport springs rid me of bobblehead? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey I want to get rid of my bobblehead ride on ...

Will Swift Sport springs rid me of my bobblehead ride?

Will Swift Sport springs rid me of bobblehead?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey
    I want to get rid of my bobblehead ride on my 05 STi by replacing my curent Crucial Lowering Springs that were installed by first owner. The recommendation by Odi was Swift Sport springs but I want to make sure my harsh ride improves. My MAIN goal is a better ride quality for my DD.

Anyone currently running Swift Sports that can comment on the ride quality?

Thanks!
    Reason for Editing:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    What do you mean by bobblehead? Is it bouncy or stiff? Are the lowering springs the only modification?

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    What do you mean by bobblehead? Is it bouncy or stiff? Are the lowering springs the only modification?

Especially at higher speeds (i.e. highway) when the car hits a bump or dip in the road, the efect is very harsh causing your head to "bobble" back and forth like a bobble head doll. Over a lengthy trip (i.e. I bought the car in Virginia and drove back to Michigan) by the time you reach your destinatino your neck is quite sore from all the bouncing.

Yes, the Crucial Lowering springs are the only modification to the car.

Are you looking for the same ride height as the springs you got on now, or are you just wanting better ride quality and don't mind height? Most times you have to spare one or the other in when getting lowering springs. What are your priorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgatman View Post
    Are you looking for the same ride height as the springs you got on now, or are you just wanting better ride quality and don't mind height? Most times you have to spare one or the other in when getting lowering springs. What are your priorities?
    Ride height isn't my main concern. I am willing to gain or loose height for the sake of better ride quality.

Go for the eibach prokit. Heard they keep OEM comfort with added benefit of an inch drop

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.