Got some new summer tires, with free rim scratching service at no charge

This is a discussion on Got some new summer tires, with free rim scratching service at no charge within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got some Nitto Neo Gen, the stock tires on my 2009 were pretty much gone... they seem like nice tires ...

Red face Got some new summer tires, with free rim scratching service at no charge

Got some Nitto Neo Gen, the stock tires on my 2009 were pretty much gone... they seem like nice tires i don't do much other than drive to work and around town. Now for the bad news, my stock rims... I had snow tires and steelies on the car so i dropped off my factory rims with the old tires and told the guys i was in no hurry on Saturday. Today (Tuesday) they are ready i go to pick them up and ask the guys to go ahead and put them on if they can. Once they were on i went to look at them. I guess i skipped a step in telling you how nice my stock rims looked, I have winter tires with steelies for the winter so if i was to guess the wheels have about 20k miles on them. The only thing wrong with them when i dropped them off was they were dirty. No curb checks no paint chips, nothing was wrong, they looked new.

So back when i went to look at them, the first wheel was the worst... it was clearly dropped when the tire was off and a chunk of paint about and inch missing on the lip along with long scratches all around the outer edge. The other 3 had deep gouges and the same long scratches around the lip, as if they took the tires of and just set the wheels face down.

Yes i flipped out on the guys, the worker passed the buck "i took care of them, i never scratched them had to been someone else". Some of the scratches were just the clear coat and there was white powder on the scratch so i could tell it just happened. I told the guy and the manager "You can see the dust from the clear coat being scratched, this just happened, the chip took out all the paint all you can see is shiny metal... there is no oxidation". the worker kept saying he didn't do it. I sorta feel bad because i flipped out. I wasn't rude i just pointed out in a very angry tone that they clearly screwed my wheels up. The manager was very apologetic and offered to call his wheel guy to fix them. I got him to put down in writing that they will fix them... Now the wait for the "wheel guy" to call me.

I have several pics here are two examples:

2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, that sucks. At least you got it in writing. Most people around here would just say sorry till you left.

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    I wouldnt want them fixed. Id go for new stock wheels or else small claims court... thats just me.
    RIP Paul. You will be missed

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Shops have insurance for this reason. Call their corporate office if available, if not ask for their insurance ID so you can file a claim. If that doesn't work you can try small claims court, but it's probably not worth it at that point.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

What's up with the sidewall if the tire in the first pic? it looks all torn up.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    What's up with the sidewall if the tire in the first pic? it looks all torn up.
    Its the same dirt from the shop floor that caused all the surface scratching. Pretty crappy. Glad they will fix it for you though. Stay on them about it until it's fixed right.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

No.. Not the dirt.. I can tell what that is Close to the rim by the valve stem. (i am viewing from a cell phone, so it may just be my screen playing tricks on me)

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    No.. Not the dirt.. I can tell what that is Close to the rim by the valve stem. (i am viewing from a cell phone, so it may just be my screen playing tricks on me)
    its just muck from the ground... dirt cobb webs... whatever. The tires look great. the rims on the other hand they jacked them up.
    2011 Sportwagon TDi

They are an independent dealer of goodyear, I agree they have insurance but i think its a locally owned business. I am gonna wait for the "tire guy" to call if it doesn't work out i will push for other stuff.
    2011 Sportwagon TDi

*facepalm* that's why you don't set a painted wheel Face Down on the floor. careless, stupid, and should have been brought up to the customer Before the tire was mounted. rrrrrrrrrrrgh. the mounting damage looks like their machine might have been a little out of adjustment(or worn out like our old ones, now replaced) and they just got in to much of a rush. low profile tires will bend the mounting head just a bit where it will dig into the wheel....just like the pic. id almost guess the face of the wheel would be repairable, the scratching doesn't look to bad. id vote for shop insurance. my boss would be all over that to get it fixed. then all over us haha to make sure it never happened again!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html