Squeaky Steering Wheel

This is a discussion on Squeaky Steering Wheel within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What other reasons could cause a squeaky steering wheel when you turn wheel no airbag warning lights or any lights ...

Squeaky Steering Wheel

What other reasons could cause a squeaky steering wheel when you turn wheel no airbag warning lights or any lights go on for that matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yay! This is my first helpful post (hopefully).

I have never experienced this in a WRX (have only owned one for 2.5 weeks now), but I had an old '97 Eclipse GSX where this started happening.

About 50-100 miles after the start of the noise my tire flew up into my wheel-well, caused some damage to the wheel-well, separated my CV joint, etc...

The problem was really, really old ball joints in the control arms and the tie-rod end. I am not saying this is your problem, but the symptoms are exactly the same. They are cheap and easy to replace... rebuilding a CV joint is not.

Over time the ball joints will wear out and eventually they wear enough where the ball can pop out of the socket. You should be able to test them by grabbing the joint and trying to move it back and forth to see if there is any play.

The process for replacing them is fairly simple on most cars. You usually just press them out and press the new ones into the control arms or simple screw a new tie-rod end on to the tie-rod.

Hope this helps. Once again, I am not saying for certain this is your issue without being there myself... but it is a start.

You hear a squeak outside the car? Or is it inside, like the actual steering wheel? Could it be the power steering belts squealing? Need some more specifics on this...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Horn ring?
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

Hello All,

thanks for the answers.
    my friends has fixed the problem and he said that the power steering fluid is low.