Torque Specs on 2014 sway bars

This is a discussion on Torque Specs on 2014 sway bars within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm about to do a sway bar install on my 2014 WRX and I have question about how to ...

Torque Specs on 2014 sway bars

So I'm about to do a sway bar install on my 2014 WRX and I have question about how to torque the endlink bolts. If I'm not mistaken the endlink nut is removed and tightened whilst using an Allen wrench to hold the bolt in place. How am I to tighten the nut to a certain torque spec if I have a standard torque wrench? Am I missing something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I found an adapter called a crows foot which is simply an open end wrench for the socket type torque wrench. I guess I'll be using that for the endlink nuts. I'm just surprised I've never heard of this before with all the install DIYs I've seen.

JUST DID MINE, ONCE YOU GET THE NUT TIGHTENED A BIT, THE BOLT SHOULD STOP TURNING AND I GOT A STANDARD TORQUE WRENCH ON IT. 33 FT LBS

I Support ClubWRX
    Here you go. All proper torquing specs are discussed in the video, including the part with the allen wrench.

http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49