Eibach pro kit springs - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Eibach pro kit springs within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 When you upgrade your swaybars to something more rigid to reduce body roll, the weak point ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    When you upgrade your swaybars to something more rigid to reduce body roll, the weak point now becomes the stock endlinks since they are rather thin and flimsy. They then take on all the force of controlling body roll and can fail rather easily. Upgrading to more stout aftermarket units is virtually a must...not just a suggestion. Kartboy are some of the best to upgrade to.
    I was going to use those exact words.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    I was going to use those exact words.

One of the rare occasions I sounded like I knew what I was talking about
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

So all n all if I don't get sways I don't need endlinks ?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrxchick1676 View Post
    So all n all if I don't get sways I don't need endlinks ?!?!?!?
    Basically...If you do one, you should do the other, otherwise it will be a waste. But if you don't want to do one, don't bother with the other.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Basically...If you do one, you should do the other, otherwise it will be a waste. But if you don't want to do one, don't bother with the other.
    Awesome . Thanks for your help !!!!

Check out the rce blacks. They're designed for stock struts and only drop the car like 1". That's prob what I'm going to get to loose some gap for my 18x9.5 rpf1. My buddy has the prokit on his accord and he likes them alot.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    Check out the rce blacks. They're designed for stock struts and only drop the car like 1". That's prob what I'm going to get to loose some gap for my 18x9.5 rpf1. My buddy has the prokit on his accord and he likes them alot.
    That sounds perfect but the price is to expensive for me . I think eibachs are the route I mite have to go

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That sounds perfect but the price is to expensive for me . I think eibachs are the route I mite have to go
    RCE blacks are only $80 more expensive than Eibach Prokit springs. It's a small price to pay for a quality product that will actually improve performance.

Sorry to say this, but if an additional $80 is too expensive, you should NOT be modifying cars. Both springs will make short work of your struts. Budget for replacement struts within the next 2 years. Why not spend the extra now, get a quality performance product, then replace with quality dampers in the next 2 years? You can't argue with the performance benefits. I know you said you "don't care about performance," but then why did you buy the WRX over the base Impreza?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    What Zax said pretty much sums up everything.

I did RCE Blacks and Koni yellows you can see in my build thread how it sits on stock wheels.

Bill's Big Blue Bomber Build - 2013 WRB

Also if you are in NJ there are plenty of shops/local vendors around that would work with you on the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    RCE blacks are only $80 more expensive than Eibach Prokit springs. It's a small price to pay for a quality product that will actually improve performance.

Sorry to say this, but if an additional $80 is too expensive, you should NOT be modifying cars. Both springs will make short work of your struts. Budget for replacement struts within the next 2 years. Why not spend the extra now, get a quality performance product, then replace with quality dampers in the next 2 years? You can't argue with the performance benefits. I know you said you "don't care about performance," but then why did you buy the WRX over the base Impreza?

I care about how my car handles . I'm just not an aggressive driver n such . It's my DD . I just cruise in it . I just can't afford the best of the best stuff . I hear eibachs are very good n do the job of what I'm looking for . One mod at a time . I had a corolla, there was no way in hell I was getting a plain impreza lol I do have an intake n a dp . I'm building my car up slowly

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I care about how my car handles . I'm just not an aggressive driver n such . It's my DD . I just cruise in it . I just can't afford the best of the best stuff . I hear eibachs are very good n do the job of what I'm looking for . One mod at a time . I had a corolla, there was no way in hell I was getting a plain impreza lol I do have an intake n a dp . I'm building my car up slowly
    Hopefully engine management to support those mods?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Both springs will make short work of your struts. Budget for replacement struts within the next 2 years. Why not spend the extra now, get a quality performance product, then replace with quality dampers in the next 2 years?
    Y u try to scare her? I installed my prokit at 10,000 miles and had them for 60,000 miles/6 years. Once I removed them my stock struts were not blown or damaged in any way. Per eibach, tirerack, etc the prokit is soft enough for oem struts. The sportline kit is more harsh and would warrant aftermarket parts

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Y u try to scare her? I installed my prokit at 10,000 miles and had them for 60,000 miles/6 years. Once I removed them my stock struts were not blown or damaged in any way. Per eibach, tirerack, etc the prokit is soft enough for oem struts. The sportline kit is more harsh and would warrant aftermarket parts
    Point goes to Dez.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    After reading through this thread I have to ask, does your "i" key only work intermittently or do you have some sort of aversion to the word "and?"
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    After reading through this thread I have to ask, does your "i" key only work intermittently or do you have some sort of aversion to the word "and?"
    And spaces before the period. Weird.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast