hit a big ass bump

This is a discussion on hit a big ass bump within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i need some more help or a slap across the head cuz I'm a ***** about my car ...

hit a big ass bump

hey guys
    i need some more help or a slap across the head cuz I'm a ***** about my car
    i have a 2013 wrx with winter tires and sparco rtt524 rims i was driving and hit a bad pot hole. it ****en broke my front right rim but it's holding air. is there anything else i should check? and i have no idea what i'm doing with suspension so please be as detailed as possible thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get your alignment checked/fixed. They should be able to notice any bent pieces, perhaps nothing is bent but the alignment could be off.

ok thanks
    would it be ok if i still drove?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Just ask them to check everything out. You will likely want to get your alignment checked anyway if it was enough to break the wheel! Just tell them what happened and to check out all the suspension, make any necessary alignment corrections, and also put the car in drive on the lift to make sure you didn't bend any other wheels.

I'd put the stock wheels back on for the drive to the shop, just to be safe.

the stock wheel has summer times on…….

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Then I guess you'll have to decide which is safer based on your current weather, the route, and the actual damage to the wheel...etc

Like Wreckingball said. Assess the situation. Me personally I would put the stocks back on even with summers to drive to the shop. Have them look at the wheel and check the suspension/ alignment. If everything is okay have them put the winter back on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    COBB SF Intake l Catless Invidia N1 Race l Torqued Performance Stage 2 Tune
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I've done that before...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I've done that before...
    So what happen to the car any damage other than messed up rim?

Quote Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post
    So what happen to the car any damage other than messed up rim?
    Had to file an insurance claim to have $3000 worth of suspension parts replaced, including bent control arms, trailing links, exhaust midpipe, etc. That was worst case scenario though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

jling0311,

Did you get that on the BQE? I heard on the radio that alot of cars had to pull over with flat tires because of the potholes?

I would check the suspesion on that side, compare it to the other side. If any thing looks bent, then you would need an alignment for sure.

I would not put the summer tires on unless you want to crash, with all this snow, ice showers, and black ice tonight. I would order a replacement rim and remount the tire unless it has a bubble.

suspension, wheel bearing and hub assembly, axles and of course, wheel alignment and balance.

Close I got it on the belt. I'm driving her now. The rims holding air and when I let go of the steering wheel it still drives straight