Zeta Antarctica tires - opinions & reviews

This is a discussion on Zeta Antarctica tires - opinions & reviews within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey there gang, I'm looking to buy a set of Zeta Antarcticas from a local shop for ~6 mounted and ...

Zeta Antarctica tires - opinions & reviews

Hey there gang,

I'm looking to buy a set of Zeta Antarcticas from a local shop for ~$406 mounted and balanced. This is for my 2011 WRX. Stock tire is 235/45/R17. I'm going to be using my 2.5 RS rims for winter mode and was going to run a 205/60/R16 on those.

Is anyone here running a set? How do you like them? If not, which tire would you recommend?

Thanks ahead for any replies/comments!

-Kamil

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

brand new set of winters means 100% better driving/stoping in the snow and ice regardless. you'll loose a bit of dry traction and lateral traction of course with the narrower tires but if you can jump in your car and get where your going, win. if you can avoid a accident at a stoplight because you can stop(or go.....), win. we have a very regular customer( a rancher) that drives a beaten to death 80's something subie wagon that we put the absolute cheapest stud-able snows on and they are able to get anywhere they need to without worry. i went basicly the same route, but chose 225/50/16 instead to keep some meat under the fenders.

looks like they also have the stock 205/55/16 and a 215/55/16 too. all(with your size) should fit nicely. they kinda remind me of nokian's, which is a good thing.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

thank you SD for the link. its a good read(for me anyway...job related lol) +1s
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you liked it! SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks a ton dudes. I will look into the tire width, but from my understanding and the general rule of thumb is that narrower tires cut through the snow much much easier. I'm not too concerned about the looks as much as my car being able to turn, stop & go easily in the ****ty weather of ours

I'll do some research of my own, I just wanted to get some input on the Zetas.

Thanks again guys.

-Kamil

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilitaryman View Post
    Thanks a ton dudes. I will look into the tire width, but from my understanding and the general rule of thumb is that narrower tires cut through the snow much much easier. I'm not too concerned about the looks as much as my car being able to turn, stop & go easily in the ****ty weather of ours

I'll do some research of my own, I just wanted to get some input on the Zetas.

Thanks again guys.

this is truth. im not sure how much difference it will make on our cars with snow. slush maybe more? i havent had any problems with my 225s on either but i can just about promice that they will be cheaper because of the size. its much more common, there for (normally) less expensive. a quick call to my boss confirmed it. 205/60/16 firestone winterforce for 104$ each verses the 135 i would have paid if i didnt get my stuff at cost(perk of the job and a good boss lol)

-Kamil
    Rob

ohfergodssake i did it again lol, i have no idea how to fixor that. sorry haha
    Last edited by tirerob; 01-29-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    ohfergodssake i did it again lol, i have no idea how to fixor that. sorry haha
    Haha no worries, but for future reference:

Edit Post and cut and paste your reply to the top or bottom, as long as it's not in between the "[QUOTE]" syntax.