Front end pop?

This is a discussion on Front end pop? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have had a pop noise several times this winter. The noise only happens when it is very ...

Front end pop?

Hey guys,

I have had a pop noise several times this winter. The noise only happens when it is very cold and in reverse at full lock. It sounds like it is coming from a joint up front. I have not lifted the car and shaken it down yet. Does anyone know what this could be or have had this problem?

Thanks!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whenever I've had a pop noise at full lock it's been an axle. However yours are practically new. Check the boots for integrity.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I will when it stops snowing. I was thinking it could have been an axle but then I thought if it was an axle it would be doing it while moving as well?
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Full lock?
    Possible it's pad shift

I don't think so? Its pretty loud and you feel it. It only does it one time though.

Ya you wouldn't feel pads
    What's full lock mean? Is that when you turn your steering wheel all the way? If you don't mind me asking

Ya, it happens whenever it is turned all the way to the right.

Do you have aftermarket sways?

no, should have added that. Suspension is stock with 54k

I've got the same problem. Also stock suspension with 7k miles
    '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V SOLD
    '13 SWP WRX 4-door
    -Invidia Q300 cat-back-Cobb AP Stage 1 v331-

I have the same problem. Sounds like the spring is rotating against the top hat. Only happens from lock to lock. Mines under warranty still. I have to take it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mine is too, may take it in this weekend!