Will it fit?

This is a discussion on Will it fit? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright I am new here, I just got a 2014 wrx in wrb about a month ago. I really want ...

Will it fit?

Alright I am new here,

I just got a 2014 wrx in wrb about a month ago.
    I really want to get some work vs-xx rims in gold 18" to go with it, but I don't know where to start.
    First off, will it fit without major modifications?
    I want the wheels at a flush fitment, and would lower the car to a nice height, but not to aggressive.
    So I guess I was just wondering, what kind of height would I need to drop, will I need spacers, camber, etc.
    I know this is a lot of questions, but if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    We have to know offset, diameter, and bolt pattern before we can help you much more!

(also the tire size you're wanting for those wheels)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    We have to know offset, diameter, and bolt pattern before we can help you much more!

(also the tire size you're wanting for those wheels)
    I'm not sure what offset or diameter the wheels come it, what works best with our cars?

The wider the wheel the lower offset you'll need. There is a thread on nasioc about wheels and fitment for our cars. There is also another thread on there that will tell you what the stock fitment is on each model. For example, an 8.0 wide wheel will need about a +43 to +47 offset. But like sinister said, you'll need to figure out what width and what width of tire you want to run for anybody to help you first.

Obligatory :twss: post

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Obligatory :twss: post
    Haha, I was waiting for someone to point that out.
    Probably not the best choice for a title!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye26 View Post
    The wider the wheel the lower offset you'll need. There is a thread on nasioc about wheels and fitment for our cars. There is also another thread on there that will tell you what the stock fitment is on each model. For example, an 8.0 wide wheel will need about a +43 to +47 offset. But like sinister said, you'll need to figure out what width and what width of tire you want to run for anybody to help you first.
    I am going to do a bit more research on the width these rims come in, possibly a few alternatives as well in case this one falls through.
    Oh, but if it helps, I want to run the meatiest :twss x2: tire possible.

I Support ClubWRX
    A good looking wheel tire combo on your car would be a 9 inch wheel with a 255 tire. The wheel offset would be +42 or +45 for a fairly flush look. The lower the positive offset the further the wheel sticks out from the body. You won't really have to worry about rubbing too much unless you go too wide on a 18 inch wheel (you can go a little wider on a 17 inch wheel - I have seen 9.5 with 265 with no rubbing). I would think you would start to run into rubbing if you go much wider than 9.5, however, on an 18 in wheel you might get slight rubbing there, especially if you are going 265 or wider tires. I actually think that the 17 inch wheels look just as nice and they have a better function (lighter, less rotational mass). They are cheaper to fit with tires too. One thing to keep in mind is not just rubbing, but also contact patch. You get too far out of the stock specs and your contact patch could suffer, assuming you don't make suspension adjustments. It is always good to get a nice custom alignment too, and max out your negative camber.

There is some good examples and information in this thread if you haven't checked it out. The OFFICIAL 2011/12 WRX wheel/tire thread

Can someone just verify this for me?

2014 WRX hatch;
    Stock suspension and I'm not looking to roll the fenders or completely slam it but coilovers or a legit shock strut combo are in the future plans.

I want 18x8 wheels with a +45 offset, obviously a 5x100 bolt pattern. I'm open to suggestions on tires but I'm assuming a 235-245/40/18 is my best bet. I just want the tires to sit flush with the fender. Time to shine fitment gurus.

i dont think that will put you flush with fender. 18x9.5 +38 seems to be a good size from what ive seen. that size with a 255/35 tire looks pretty nice. it will require fender roll in the rear with a drop though.

I Support ClubWRX
    To first glance I thought this was the "will it fly" thread.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by i8buffalowings View Post
    i dont think that will put you flush with fender. 18x9.5 +38 seems to be a good size from what ive seen. that size with a 255/35 tire looks pretty nice. it will require fender roll in the rear with a drop though.
    I'd prefer to not roll the fenders. I'm not looking for show car status "stance" and I hate to ask even ask. The wheel thread is exhausting to pour through however.

For the most "flush" fitment a +38 to +40ish fitment with a 9 or 9.5 inch wheel would do the trick.

The stock offset is +53...so the lower offset you get, the more flush you will get, taking into consideration the width of the wheel and size of the tire.

What Goscha said is widely regarded as a "proper" setup for a nice flush look, without having to be "stanced."
    The rolling of the rear fenders is precautionary to prevent rubbing mostly when going over bumps so you don't shred your tires. That's the name of the game when going flush though...

For that size wheel, if you dropped down to a 245/40 tire, you might be able to get away without rolling.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    For the most "flush" fitment a +38 to +40ish fitment with a 9 or 9.5 inch wheel would do the trick.

The stock offset is +53...so the lower offset you get, the more flush you will get, taking into consideration the width of the wheel and size of the tire.

What Goscha said is widely regarded as a "proper" setup for a nice flush look, without having to be "stanced."
    The rolling of the rear fenders is precautionary to prevent rubbing mostly when going over bumps so you don't shred your tires. That's the name of the game when going flush though...

For that size wheel, if you dropped down to a 245/40 tire, you might be able to get away without rolling.
    Hank you for the substantial reply, it seems to be a rarity on forums. I'm familiar with sizing but coming from the VW/Audi world, where you can easily get away with a higher offset by running a spacer and longer lug bolts, I want to make sure my $2.5k purchase isn't in vain. Yes I'd prefer function to form any day. Hence I traded what will be my last GTI.

Thanks for the help guys!