Snow tires without TPMS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Snow tires without TPMS? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hell all... I tried a few searches without success... I'm wondering if people run their dedicated snow tires / wheels ...

Snow tires without TPMS?

Hell all... I tried a few searches without success... I'm wondering if people run their dedicated snow tires / wheels with or without the pressure sensors installed? I can deal with the light being on to save some $$ and hassle getting the new sensors activated etc... I'll be putting them on a 2014...

Thanks in advance!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mv577 View Post
    Hell all... I tried a few searches without success... I'm wondering if people run their dedicated snow tires / wheels with or without the pressure sensors installed? I can deal with the light being on to save some $$ and hassle getting the new sensors activated etc... I'll be putting them on a 2014...

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Some do use the tpms, some don't.

Those that do are worrywort, ocd, overachievers who hate the light on their dash. Those who don't are badass NFG types who live life one 1/4 mile at a time...in the snow.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

If it doesn't hurt the car then I'll deal with the light... those things suck in general... the less I deal with them the better! lol

Thanks!

I have this now for the second season. No sensors, light is just on. It's not just the cost of the sensors, it's the fact that twice a year you'd have to get the fresh set programmed into the car. Yes, it can be done - but every time they'd charge you some $70-100... I'd rather have that light on, it's only for the winter season.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

If I didn't have my winter tires put on as a result of an insurance claim, I sure as hell wouldn't have paid to have TPMS sensors. I'm not an idiot...I know when my tires are low, and I check them fairly frequently. **** TPMS sensors
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by mv577 View Post

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    when I bought my set from tire rack I ordered tpms without knowing that it has to be reset every time you swap tires so I said he'll with that and didn't program them I can live with the light on ...also for my 2014 STi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No tpms for me either. Not worth the effort to me. I've driven many cars & trucks that didn't have it, i can deal without them for 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Some do use the tpms, some don't.

Those that do are worrywort, ocd, overachievers who hate the light on their dash. Those who don't are badass NFG types who live life one 1/4 mile at a time...in the snow.
    Thanks for that. Needed a laugh.

Tiny piece of electrical tape goes a long way to cover that stupid light...I may be doing that myself come spring!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I run without. It's really not that annoying at all.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Both my winter and summer set ups have TPMS sensors. I have been lazy though and not done the winters this year yet so I have the light on. Not bad though since my A/F guage blocks it

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Both my winter and summer set ups have TPMS sensors. I have been lazy though and not done the winters this year yet so I have the light on. Not bad though since my A/F guage blocks it
    Wow..and I thought I was lazy..I only put mine on 2 weeks ago

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Wow..and I thought I was lazy..I only put mine on 2 weeks ago
    I have my winter set up on I just haven't had the tpms sensors calibrated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I have my winter set up on I just haven't had the tpms sensors calibrated yet.
    Ohhhh

ATEQ quickset TPMS FTW!

ATEQ QuickSet TPMS Reset Tool : Amazon.com : Automotive

i hate idiot lights on my dash. it's annoying. so categorize me w/ the OCD folks. LOL
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast