Sways + New wheels/tires +possibly lower Quesitons
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sways + New wheels/tires +possibly lower Quesitons within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have had my car for almost 3 years not and I have done some basic mods to ...

Sways + New wheels/tires +possibly lower Quesitons

Hey guys, I have had my car for almost 3 years not and I have done some basic mods to get to stage2+. I was looking to upgrade the handling next and had a bunch of questions and since I have zero experience in this department I was hoping to get some help from all of you. The wheels that I would like to go with are the Enkei Raijin now they come in a few different setups 18x8 inset 35,45.... 18x8.5 inset 45 and 18x9.5 inset 45. I am not trying to do any auto cross or anything along those lines and most of my driving is on back/side roads with some highway mixed in as well. I am also looking to get some sways bars, shooting for 24mm up front and 22mm in the rear with kartboy endlinks. My main question would be which im sure the answer is yes but what suspension mods would have to be or should be done to make the best ride possible. Not looking to roll the fenders either (But will if its the best bet) so any help would be great. Also which wheel do you think would suit me best and does anyone recommend any tires to wrap around them. Im sure this post is all over the place so please dont bash me to hard lol. If anyone trying to help needs a little more clarification on what i want to do please ask as i would consider myself a big noob in this department and am not sure i explained everything correctly. To summarize everything i would like a new wheel/tire combo, sway bars and end links, and to know if i should lower, or do any sort of suspension mods.
    Last edited by skudda33; 01-13-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I went with koni yellows + rce blacks (spring and strut combo), eibach front and rear sway bars + kartboy front and rear endlinks. The difference is night and day. I can only say so much online. You'd have to experience it first hand to notice.

^Solid setup.

As for wheels, are you dead set on 18s? 17s are generally lighter, and will have cheaper tire options.

If you really want excellent handling, first things to go for would be as good of summer tires as you can afford and a solid alignment. The rear will require camber bushings to make the rear camber adjustable.

For wheels...an optimal fitment would be something 8.5-9 inches wide with a +38 to +44 offset with a comprable 245 to 255 width tire (will give it a nicer flush look, without having to roll fenders).

Sways, you sound like you are spot on. 24mm front and 22mm rear is a solid choice. Whitelines are usually top of the list, but they are just a bar...usually can't go wrong with any brand (save for Agency or Godspeed or something like that...**** them). Kartboy endlinks are usually known to be the best quality for fitment and durability.

But honestly, I'd say pick a budget and start there. Call up the guys at Turn In Concepts and ask them what their opinions are for your budget...when it comes to handling, what they speak is gospel.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^Solid setup.

As for wheels, are you dead set on 18s? 17s are generally lighter, and will have cheaper tire options.

If you really want excellent handling, first things to go for would be as good of summer tires as you can afford and a solid alignment. The rear will require camber bushings to make the rear camber adjustable.

For wheels...an optimal fitment would be something 8.5-9 inches wide with a +38 to +44 offset with a comprable 245 to 255 width tire (will give it a nicer flush look, without having to roll fenders).

Sways, you sound like you are spot on. 24mm front and 22mm rear is a solid choice. Whitelines are usually top of the list, but they are just a bar...usually can't go wrong with any brand (save for Agency or Godspeed or something like that...**** them). Kartboy endlinks are usually known to be the best quality for fitment and durability.

But honestly, I'd say pick a budget and start there. Call up the guys at Turn In Concepts and ask them what their opinions are for your budget...when it comes to handling, what they speak is gospel.
    Not dead set on those wheels or 18's thinking I might keep the stock wheels on and wrap them with a good set of summers then do the suspension and sway bars and eventually work on getting a new set of wheels down the road
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

^not a bad idea...and a good way to save some loot! The stockers look good on Lightning Red
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    I highly recommend Michelin pilot super sports for a good grippy summer tire. One of my favorite mods. While your at it, you might throw in some new brake pads, ss lines and new fluid. Makes a huge difference in stopping. Whiteline sways 24/22 and kb end links should treat you well. Good luck and let us know what you end up going with!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I highly recommend Michelin pilot super sports for a good grippy summer tire. One of my favorite mods. While your at it, you might throw in some new brake pads, ss lines and new fluid. Makes a huge difference in stopping. Whiteline sways 24/22 and kb end links should treat you well. Good luck and let us know what you end up going with!
    Which brake pads, ss lines and fluid do you recommend?
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

While searching around the web for some deal i came across these eibach sways for what seems to be a killer deal. Eibach Sway Bar Kit Front Adjustable 25mm / Rear Adjustable 22mm Subaru STI 2008-2014 / WRX 2011-2014 / Forester XT 2009-2013 7718.320 at RallySportDirect.com. does anyone have this set up? I feel like i should jump at this deal asap. How much different feeling is the 25mm eibach over the 24mm whiteline?

Also any other suggestions on Summer tires would be great!
    Last edited by skudda33; 01-14-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    Which brake pads, ss lines and fluid do you recommend?
    Brake pads depend on your intended use, but Hawk makes nice ones. I run Goodridge Stainless Steel braded lines, and ATE Blue fluid.

Those Eibach sways aren't a bad deal. I'm thinking of picking them up for my car as well. Positive thing is they are adjustable, so you can pick which stiffness you like most.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.