Good Alignment Specs

This is a discussion on Good Alignment Specs within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a '13 STi Sedan. I'm looking for a common recommendation for a street performance alignment that doesn't wear ...

Good Alignment Specs

I have a '13 STi Sedan. I'm looking for a common recommendation for a street performance alignment that doesn't wear on the tires too badly. I'm not looking for a hardcore street performance alignment, just a relatively good setup with low tire wear that I can take to a shop and have them do. My current alignment is a little crooked and I need to go in and re-align my car. So I figured why not make it custom? Thanks.
    2013 STi Sedan
    Pro-tuned by John @ Akuma Motorsports
    Cobb Downpipe
    Cobb Heatshield
    Invidia Q300 CBE
    K&N Drop-in Filter
    DW65c Fuel Pump

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I currently have -1.4 degree camber up front, and 0 toe on all four corners. The rear camber is not adjustable on 08+ WRX/STi's. The toe at 0 or closest possible will be a big help keeping tire wear to a minimum.

I'm very happy with those specs for agressive street driving. It could use slightly more negative camber for AutoX but I'll need camber bolts to get much more than that.

Best reference for alignments. Alignment basics

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup same here. About -1.2 camber up front (Maxed) and -1.5 (-1.4) camber in the back. As mentioned, the rear is not adjustable, but I lucked out and have good negative camber in the back. I would just max out the front, which you won't be able to get more than -1.5 and then zero toe. Toe is what really chews up tires. I felt a huge improvement in the handling of the car after the custom alignment. Definitely worth the money.

Here's my sheet.

Last edited by 11blackSTi; 01-12-2014 at 06:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Really GREAT information!

Do you guys have any tips about finding/telling a shop to go ahead dial in ZERO toe-in and increase/max the - (neg)camber? Most shops around here won't do as I ask, they just shoot for the center. Liability I'm sure.