Wheel powder coating

This is a discussion on Wheel powder coating within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking to get a set of wheels powder coated. Does anyone have any good places to go in northern nj? ...

Wheel powder coating

Looking to get a set of wheels powder coated. Does anyone have any good places to go in northern nj? Also what would you think the average price would be to do 4 wheels in good condition.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    Looking to get a set of wheels powder coated. Does anyone have any good places to go in northern nj? Also what would you think the average price would be to do 4 wheels in good condition.
    Shouldn't be more than 60-80/wheel. They typically will use a stripper to get any treatment that is already on the wheel off before they do the P coating. I paid $100/wheel to get mine done, but my wheels were pretty curbed and I got that fixed too.

I Support ClubWRX
    depending on color its 40-80 per wheel, if the coater doesnt bead, sand or media blast the wheels before coating find another coater.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

My brother in law mentioned someone that'll do all 4 for 150, ill ask the exact name.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    depending on color its 40-80 per wheel, if the coater doesnt bead, sand or media blast the wheels before coating find another coater.
    Thanks torque, yea i wouldn't get them done unless they blasted them and and cleaned them up first, would be pointless to have them coated in the first place since the PC would not bond as well im sure.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93