Has anyone "hub swapped" from 11+ wrx to sti ???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Has anyone "hub swapped" from 11+ wrx to sti ??? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Disclaimer: I did search already....lol Has anyone successfully swapped from the wrx's 5x100 hub set to the sti's 5x114.3 hubset ...

Has anyone "hub swapped" from 11+ wrx to sti ???

Disclaimer: I did search already....lol

Has anyone successfully swapped from the wrx's 5x100 hub set to the sti's 5x114.3 hubset from 2011 or newer?

If so, what parts are needed overall and about how much did everything cost approx?

The wheel selections obviously get expansive with the 114.3 pattern.

thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm sure there's people that have...I've been thinking about it but it would be easier and cheaper to get spacers that change the offset. Otherwise you need to replace the steering knuckles which would mean new struts and I think new calipers and pads. Don't quote me on that though just a guess

Yeah some further research tells me that it may not be worth the associated costs.

I'm afraid it would require different drive shafts, then those don't fit the diff... You might end up replacing the whole drive train...

What for? just have the wheels further out? Get rims with less (or is it more?) offset.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.