So i hit a curb today :'(....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on So i hit a curb today :'(.... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This afternoon i had to go pick up my girlfriend from her internship and decided since it was snowing and ...

So i hit a curb today :'(....

This afternoon i had to go pick up my girlfriend from her internship and decided since it was snowing and all that id have a bit of fun. After a few minutes in a local movie theater parking lot having fun i proceeded to leave. On my way out i hit a snow covered curb at all of 5mph with the left front.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (5).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	126642

Needless to say im fairly dissapointed in myself, but i guess thats the price you pay for letting your inner kid out once in a while. the left front is toed out a bit now, i guess it will be allignment time tommorrow...

Im just shocked that with as much as i throw this car around in the snow that id manage this at 5mph.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Always happens when you least expect it

This is true, as long as no serious damage was caused and everything is back to normal after alignment all will be well.

Anything to make those wheels look better I suppose?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Upon further inspection in the daylight today with some snow and ice melting off of her, i noticed the left front is sitting about 3/8 of an inch further back in comparison to the passenger side. Im guessing it must be a bent control arm in the left front. I took the wheel off to take a look at the control arm last night and the geometry didnt seem off in comparison to the passenger side. Sending her to the shop tomorrow to get a professional opinion, but with the wheel sitting back so far i know something must be bent.

Is it possible your insurance will cover it? I don't know how much repair cost will be vs your deductible but its something to think about.

I didn't really think about the insurance aspect of it. I'll likely pick up an oem replacement if this is the case and install it with a friends help and his lifts to minimize cost, but my deductable would still be cheaper. I'll have to look into this!

I would powder coated them if I were you and it probably be cheaper.

I Support ClubWRX
    Winter wheels get beat up. Its no big deal. That is why you buy cheap wheels for the winter. OTOH if you feel a lot of vibrations I'd get the alignment checked.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.