anyone have Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires?

This is a discussion on anyone have Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, I hear good things about Hakkapeliitta R2 and was wondering if anyone is using them right now? I ...

anyone have Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires?

Hello all,
    I hear good things about Hakkapeliitta R2 and was wondering if anyone is using them right now?
    I ordered these tires for the winter package, and just seeing who is using them and what they think

Thanks
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nokian are the best winter tires you can purchase. I haven't used the R2s, but have used previous iterations of their non-studded options, and currently run their studded Hakkapellitta 7s on the STI. Depending on what weather conditions you see, they may be "overkill", but you cannot say they won't perform great in the white stuff...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I'm currently running the Hakka R2's, so far they've been quite impressive. Very low rolling resistance to keep gas mileage comparable to my summer tires, and they don't feel like a typical winter tire when on dry pavement... They also have a fairly stiff sidewalls which aren't anywhere near as sloppy as the Toyo Garrit KX's that I was running last year. I would definitely suggest these tires to anyone that needs an above average snow tire.