Suspension Components Don't Fit?!?

This is a discussion on Suspension Components Don't Fit?!? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Everyone, I finally received all of the components to install my new suspension, but the shop I had do ...

Suspension Components Don't Fit?!?

Hey Everyone,

I finally received all of the components to install my new suspension, but the shop I had do the install says the components don't fit. I am sure everything I ordered is for my car ('03 WRX sedan). I picked up KYB AGX struts, KYB mounts, and Ground Control coilover sleeves. I included a screenshot of my order from Andy's. I did mistakenly order 2 left rear mounts, instead of two front mounts, but this has since been corrected. Anyone see an issue with these components and my car?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	126210

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sleeve type coilovers are notorious for fitment and noise issues. Otherwise, that sounds like a sporty and fun package. I used KYB shocks on my Sebring, and they lasted a good while.
    As far as what you are planning to do with the car, it would help us to give you more information if you tell us what kind of driving you plan to do and where.
    The model and year car you have is not too odd or weird when it comes to these things, if something doesn't fit, it probably doesn't belong on there, or it's in the wrong place.
    P

This is a spirited daily driver for me. The reason I chose the Ground Control coilover sleeves is because they use Eibach springs and I wanted some flexibility in my ride height since. I was going to go with Eibach springs anyway, but since Ground Control's sleeves were well-regarded, I decided to go with them. I chose the KYB AGX struts, again, for flexibility. My current suspension is in awful shape, it's stock, so at this point anything would be better (going over a manhole feels like driving over a landmine), but I wanted to try different settings to find something comfortable, but sporty. I wasn't sure about the condition of the mounts, but I figured it was best to replace them while everything else was being replaced.

Did you already pay for these parts and install them?

*bump

researching suspension right now and curious to know if this has been resolved.