Wheel fitment questions for 02 wrx wagon.

This is a discussion on Wheel fitment questions for 02 wrx wagon. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, sorry if this is another one of "those" threads. I tried searching for specific answers but couldn't find ...

Wheel fitment questions for 02 wrx wagon.

Hey everyone, sorry if this is another one of "those" threads. I tried searching for specific answers but couldn't find any that pertain to what I am looking for. I have a 2002 wrx wagon, lowered on eibach springs with kyb struts, I believe 1.3 drop in front and 1.1 inch in rear. I am currently using the stock wheels but on my local Craigslist there are 2 sets that I think would look good on my car. The first is a set of bronze drag dr-31, 17x8 and 47 offset without tires, and the second set is a set of silver 04 sti bbs wheels which are 17x7.5 with 53 offset, no tires as well. I'm just wondering if I were to get either set of these wheels, would I have to do any rolling of fenders or anything along those lines so I wouldn't rub the tires? I would most likely be running 215/45 tires on either set. Both sets are fairly good priced in my opinion, the seller with the drags is asking 380 and with the sti bbs is asking 400. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Either one should fit fine.. but 215 are pretty skinny tires, any particular reason you're not going with something like 235s?

I just thought I always read people who run tires wider than around 215 will rub on a wagon.

I would like to run wider tires I just don't want to buy some and have them rub really bad

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know specifically about the wagon.. I run 235 tires on my 02 sedan on 18x8.5 wheels with the same springs you have.

Anyone else care to state their thoughts?

I Support ClubWRX
    $400 for 04 STI BBSs is a steal! Shy of them being beat to hell, buy them and flip them ($600+ isn't hard to get for them in pretty good condition, more for good/excellent) if you prefer the looks of the Drags. I'd personally take the BBSs over the Drags, though, because of weight/construction.

If you don't want to do as I said, PM me a link and I'll buy them to flip...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

My '02 wagon is lowered with RCE wagon springs and Koni inserts. I have 17x7.5 ET48 wheels with 225/45-17 tires. I rolled the rear fenders just in case I had a load of adults or other weight in the back. They didn't rub before, but I just wanted the insurance.
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff