Does anyone have Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Does anyone have Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If so what is your experience with these? I found a guy that is selling a set of used springs ...

I Support ClubWRX

Does anyone have Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs?

If so what is your experience with these? I found a guy that is selling a set of used springs for $160 but it's unfortunately off of an STI which I think will not cross to a WRX... although a little part of me says it should. I may call Eibach this morning and see what they say. But otherwise how is this product? My reasoning for going springs and not coilovers is that my pockets aren't really deep enough for coilovers yet and I don't plan on doing any performance driving (autocross) for a couple of years.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have them but I wouldn't buy them again I am waiting for spring to pick up coils but in your situation check out epic engineering springs much better!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    I have them but I wouldn't buy them again I am waiting for spring to pick up coils but in your situation check out epic engineering springs much better!
    thanks for the advice! I'll look into those guys.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Just wondering why you don't like them...Kunal has them (Kprugbyplayer) and likes them. I like the stance that they give...little lower but not too low. I was thinking of getting them myself.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Just installed a set of Epic Engineering springs paired with KYB Struts and I'm very happy with the results. Not so low and harsh that it breaks your spine but just right and what I was looking for. Gives great feel to the car. Check them out you wont be disappointed. Great product.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i had eibach prokit on my 06 for many many years and they were amazing for the price. the drop was decent yet it kept OEM ride quality. with that being said (IMO) there is zero increase in handling. they are strictly just for looks

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have them as well. They are good for comfort (as far as lowering springs go), not so great for performance. Don't start thinking that because they're mild that you can run them with stock struts either. My stock struts lasted about 10k on them before they blew.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I have them as well. They are good for comfort (as far as lowering springs go), not so great for performance. Don't start thinking that because they're mild that you can run them with stock struts either. My stock struts lasted about 10k on them before they blew.
    Did you have a set that was manufactured a long time ago? I got mine in 07 and had them on my OEM struts for 6 years/60,000 mi with no issues

desiree

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Did you have a set that was manufactured a long time ago? I got mine in 07 and had them on my OEM struts for 6 years/60,000 mi with no issues

Yeah, mine would have been made in 2002-2003.. did they change rates or something?

I Support ClubWRX
    I have them as well. I have no problems here. Been on the oem struts for 20000 miles so far. Had them on my previous car as well with no problems either. I would recommend them!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yeah, mine would have been made in 2002-2003.. did they change rates or something?
    i want to say yes. i heard that the older sets were different than the newer ones. i'm not sure if it was spring rate or just the quality of the spring

desiree

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.