Winter wheel question

This is a discussion on Winter wheel question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a set of 2002-2004 oem wrx wheels which i've used last winter on my 2011 wrx. They are ...

Winter wheel question

I have a set of 2002-2004 oem wrx wheels which i've used last winter on my 2011 wrx. They are 16x6.5 with an offset of 55 i believe. For some reason they look really sunken in when they're on. Is there a way to fix that, do I not have the right wheels, or is that just how they are? The look really bothers me for some reason. Any input would help. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 2011 has 8in wide stock wheels with a +53 offset, so an inch and a half wide wheel with an even larger offset is going to look more sunken in. Ergo it's normal.

Only way to fix would to be get wheels spacers, which isn't always the best idea, new wheels with a fitment you prefer, or to just deal with it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for clarifyiny Mikie13. Now to hunt down some steelies that are appropriate. Anybody have any leads?

Tirerack has steelies!

Craigslist...Nasioc classifieds...I've been seeing stuff pop up.

Also...I see East Brunswick as your location. As in NJ? If so, there are things popping up in the Tri-State Classifieds group that is on Facebook.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying