first few miles on snows after bug eye suspension bushing upgrades
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on first few miles on snows after bug eye suspension bushing upgrades within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Rough. really rough. after rolling smoothly on my summer tires until a few weeks ago I noticed right away after ...

first few miles on snows after bug eye suspension bushing upgrades

Rough. really rough. after rolling smoothly on my summer tires until a few weeks ago I noticed right away after mounting up my winter tires that I went from driving a sporty hatch to a paint shaker. several remounting/balancing/ checking for a bad tire and or bad hub bearings later I am still left with a odd intermittent rolling vibration.
    this is the first season with my winterforce's(225-50-16's on stock wheels) with nearly every bushing upgraded. anyone else have the same happen when the snow tires come out?
    the new bushing list looks like this.
    sway bars front and rear, energy suspension
    front control arms, energy suspension.
    rear trailing arms, energy suspension
    tic klunk killer kit, soft
    trany x mount, tic
    most likely not important but a torque solution pitch stop.

lateral link tic(soft)bushings staring me in the face every time I walk into the garage sitting on the bench.

thanks guys
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Weird...I always looked forward to winter tires when I had my STI because it made the car hurt my kidneys less (I was on Coilovers and only 3 inches off the ground)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Weird...I always looked forward to winter tires when I had my STI because it made the car hurt my kidneys less (I was on Coilovers and only 3 inches off the ground)
    haha, Right?
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Yeah I prefer the comfort of winter tires over summers as well. I am actually debating on removing my tic klunk killer kit...i got the race version and Im tired of all the NVH....
    Last edited by lytlec; 11-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.