Putting in wheel spacers on the Impreza
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Putting in wheel spacers on the Impreza within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Guys i was wondering if anyone has fitted wheel spacers to their existing WRX wheels, to make it look ...

Putting in wheel spacers on the Impreza

Hi Guys

i was wondering if anyone has fitted wheel spacers to their existing WRX wheels, to make it look more aggressive. I have the standard mags but i feel it sits too far in the arch, i measured the distance and will require 30 or 35 mm spacer. Does anyone know where i can get these spacers or do i have to custom machine them as i want them to run concentric with the hub, not just any universal spacer.
    Any drawback with regards to stability or suspension ? your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you do spacers you will need extended studs but this will cause extra stress on your axles and other components so its not really worth it. Just get new wheels with a lower offset if you want a more flush look than the factory tuck.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Wheel spacers just add another layer of possible failure, especially if you do any kind of aggressive driving.

You might be able to get by with 10-15mm spacers or something like that to maintain safety. But yeah, you'd need longer studs.

Just not worth it on stock wheels IMO.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Thanks guys,
    i too was a bit wary of the spacers idea because of the load factor on the bearing. If spacers are used then the centre load factor on a bearing is now pushed away and will cause premature wear. Just needed your guys valuable input for confirmation.
    Best bet is then deep dish rims with negative offset and let the rim take the stress as our WRX's are heavy coming in at 1.5 tons

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Don't expect a performance increase with low or even negative offset wheels.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are plenty of us with 3mm to 5mm spacers, to clear brembo brakes or the like. I would not go much higher thatn that though
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    There are plenty of us with 3mm to 5mm spacers, to clear brembo brakes or the like. I would not go much higher thatn that though
    Yeah I wouldn't mind adding a 5mm spacer to my stock wheels. Someone at the last meet had 5mm (to clear Brembos he just put on his 2013 WRX) and it made the wheels/stance look sooooo much better.

Funny thing is, I plan on doing Brembos in the Spring
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    me too...if I can afford it that is
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.