Wheel Compatibility Question

This is a discussion on Wheel Compatibility Question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '06 STi and am thinking about buying a winter tire/wheel setup on Craigslist. The guy has a ...

Wheel Compatibility Question

I have an '06 STi and am thinking about buying a winter tire/wheel setup on Craigslist. The guy has a '13 STi and is selling the following setup:

MSW Type 19 Black 5-Spoke Design (17x8)
    Blizzak WS70 (235/45 R17)
    TPMS Sensors Installed
    Tread depth measures just over 11/32 (new is 12/32)
    Bolt Pattern is 5-114

I know the bolt pattern is compatible but I looked up the wheels and they have a 40mm offset compared to a 53mm offset on my stock BBS rims. Will this pose a problem? And would these tire/rims be compatible?

Any help/knowledge/wisdom on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The offset shouldn't hurt, they'll probly stick out a little farther than your BBS but only by 13mm I presume. Make sure the four tires are worn evenly with respect to each other. You don't want a shallow tire and a deep tire, could spell trouble for your diffs lol.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 11-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

40mm offset is about as low as you can go on a GD STI...you may encounter some rubbing, especially since he went with a 235 width tire over a 225.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying