Rally Setup?

This is a discussion on Rally Setup? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm just a subie fan but I'm curious. What kind of suspension, wheel and tire set up would you ...

Rally Setup?

So I'm just a subie fan but I'm curious. What kind of suspension, wheel and tire set up would you want for a practical DD but also good for tearing up dirt roads on the weekend? I imagine the last thing you want to do is lower it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

King springs (probably the lift variety, ~1" or so of lift), generally a good idea to get the struts revalved for a friendlier damping profile for dirt/gravel. Probably going to want to run some 15" wheels with either winter or all-terrain rubber, which if, as your pic suggests, you have an STi is going to require a brake "down-grade". Most people do a 4/2 pot setup, either the JDM gravel setup or the 06/07 WRX brake calipers. Broken Motorsports has the rotors you'd need for the setup.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Stock suspension. 2/4 Pots. Seperate tires for the street and for the dirt.

or

My friend DD's his bugeye WRX with Forester struts/springs and otherwise stock suspension. I think he took off the sway bars as well, not sure though.

There's a ton of options: DirtyImpreza.com - The Off-Road Impreza Community