Will there be a problem?

This is a discussion on Will there be a problem? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i was looking on wheel dude and found the rims i want(rota pwr) .I don't quite grasp the measurements to ...

Exclamation Will there be a problem?

i was looking on wheel dude and found the rims i want(rota pwr) .I don't quite grasp the measurements to know what I'm getting into. i looked at other forums and they said if running 18x9.5 try to get offset +48 or +50. the ones i see are (5x100/e35/73) or (5x100/e38/73) can someone help me understand a little better? will run into any problems running these measurements?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Everything you ever needed to know. They have a whole article on how offset works. I suggest you read that, and the articles about fitment.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/index.jsp

Generally, from a performance standpoint you want to stay as close to stock offset as possible. You may or may not run into problems running a 35 or 38 offset. The first issue would be tires rubbing, it's very likely. What is your drop?

currently not drop decided not drop cause of winter but when i have rims and tires in i plan on eliminating the wheel gap
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Everything you ever needed to know. They have a whole article on how offset works. I suggest you read that, and the articles about fitment.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/index.jsp

Generally, from a performance standpoint you want to stay as close to stock offset as possible. You may or may not run into problems running a 35 or 38 offset. The first issue would be tires rubbing, it's very likely. What is your drop?