Winter Tires
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Winter Tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm planning on purchasing some new winter tires from tire rack for my '13 WRX. Going with the General Arctic ...

Winter Tires

I'm planning on purchasing some new winter tires from tire rack for my '13 WRX. Going with the General Arctic Max and some steelies, just wanted to confirm the sizing and see what others have done. I'm going 215/55/16 anyone else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same size on steelies. Bridgestone Blizzak WS70.

Yep I'm going 215/55 R16 Blizzak WS70's, and 16X6.5 5-100 ET50 CB56 steelies. Wanted to go 215/55 R16 Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's but unfortunately have to spread my money out a bit more. Also considering Michelin X-ICE XI3 I'm planning on pulling the trigger week after next.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

What does the setup fir steelies and tires go for. I know I have google. Just asking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

I'm looking at $620 for 4 tires, 4 steelies, mounted and balanced + shipping.

748.00 all in, but depends on the set up, tires/rims. If you go Nokian ..hhhmmm plan on more
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I have 215/55 R16 Blizzak WS70s mounted on 16" steelies with TPMS sensors. Just had them installed on the WRX last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    I have 215/55 R16 Blizzak WS70s mounted on 16" steelies with TPMS sensors. Just had them installed on the WRX last Friday.
    What do you think of the ride ???? As I'm pretty much doing the same.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I think I'm going to skip the TPMS, $144 to basically turn a light off. This is the first car that I have had with them so I'll just make sure there properly inflated.

For what its worth, I ran 235/45 R17 Blizzak WS70s all winter last year here in Montana. They performed awesome, by far the most traction I've ever had in a vehicle in the winter. When I bought mine I decided that the stock size was the best option as it allows you to dedicate the stock wheels for winter if you plan on buying aftermarket wheels.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    I noticed a much softer and "squishier" ride with lighter steering when I switched from stock to 16" steelies with winter tires. As far as traction goes, dan5505 basically summed up what I have to say. Stupid amounts of tractions .
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

True. Much better ride. I also noticed an MPG increase of around 2MPG. They also have less road noise.

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    The ride is much softer and more forgiving. Love them so far...

Quote Originally Posted by cmayba View Post
    I think I'm going to skip the TPMS, $144 to basically turn a light off. This is the first car that I have had with them so I'll just make sure there properly inflated.
    To each his (or her) own...Personally, I hate annoying lights on my dash. And no, I'm not gonna stick black tape over the light...that's so lame. Besides, they're a safety feature and it came with the car, so I'm gonna make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    To each his (or her) own...Personally, I hate annoying lights on my dash. And no, I'm not gonna stick black tape over the light...that's so lame. Besides, they're a safety feature and it came with the car, so I'm gonna make use of it.
    Same here. The TPMS sensors have saved me twice from running flat tires. For some reason my factory dunlops like to attract nails. I'm not used to having a car with low profile tires; when they lose pressure its difficult to tell visually.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast