Winter Tires - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Winter Tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, picked up my '11 wrx a couple weeks ago. Thanks to the info on this thread my 16" steelies, ...

Hi, picked up my '11 wrx a couple weeks ago. Thanks to the info on this thread my 16" steelies, and dedicated winter tires, Dunlop Winter Maxx, arrived just in time for winter. It started snowing as I was putting on the last 2 tires. I have since taken it out on some packed snow, as well as ice. AWD is nice, there were spots I knew my old SI couldn't get moving, and with an identical setup the WRX had no problems. Maybe I won't need to tow myself out of the parking lot with the Jeep this year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	965802_10101985131886644_632670042_o.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	123994

Got to test out my winter tires over the weekend. They worked perfect. Wooooooot!

^awesome pic! I'm glad I started a thread that helped people out!

I think im going with a continental extreme winter contact in a 205 50 17. Price is great on tire rack and they got good reviews and profile is a bit larger than stock. If i were to get a wheel package in the 17's anyone have any suggestions on brand? I know enkei is decent but what about moda? Dont wanna spend too much and i dont know much about these wheels. Also, does it matter if the wheel is 17 x 7.5 or 17 x 8? Will they fit just the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjon8811 View Post

Got to test out my winter tires over the weekend. They worked perfect. Wooooooot!
    Really nice image!

Second season on Dunlop Winter Sport 3D in 225/17/45 here. They are great to drive on cold dry roads and are quite good in the wet. Have yet to actually try them out on real snow. Last winter only provided several nuisance 1" - 3" snows mostly taken care of by road salt.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX

Pow day! Where is that? Taos?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Pow day! Where is that? Taos?

Los Alamos, the Pajarito Ski area =D

I Support ClubWRX
    Los Alamos, the Pajarito Ski area =D
    Cool. I miss the mountains in the west. Moved from California for school to Ohio and now I'm stuck here .

-Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Just got to try the WS70's the other day (first fair amount snow), early morning drive, on untreated roads and I was "very" pleased with the handling.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.