Tire Pressure
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tire Pressure within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I have a little question about my tire pressure. My tire pressure light came on so I went ...

Tire Pressure

Hey guys,

I have a little question about my tire pressure. My tire pressure light came on so I went to go fill up my tires to 33 PSI front and 32 PSI rear as said in the owners manual. I checked my pressure and it seems okay but the light did not go away until after I left my car sitting for a couple of hours.

My question is...is this normal for tire pressure light to disable after the tires settle in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes this is normal if you don't drive the car after. If you drive the car after it will usually go away within a couple of minutes.

Those sensors don't transmit all the time, only when wheels are turning at some minimum speed and then only every so often.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Hey blee. Its getting cold man. Tires drop pressure when it gets cold. 'Specialy low profile tires with very little interior volume. I don't know what the max pressure is on your shoes but this time of the year I'd recommend two to three extra psi on top of recommended Unless its over max. You should be fine tho. That should give you some headroom for temp drop to keep the sensors happy and not enough over the manual to really affect the driveability or ride. That, or your going to be adjusting your air pressures a lot over the winter. Like me. hahha!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Hey blee. Its getting cold man. Tires drop pressure when it gets cold. 'Specialy low profile tires with very little interior volume. I don't know what the max pressure is on your shoes but this time of the year I'd recommend two to three extra psi on top of recommended Unless its over max. You should be fine tho. That should give you some headroom for temp drop to keep the sensors happy and not enough over the manual to really affect the driveability or ride. That, or your going to be adjusting your air pressures a lot over the winter. Like me. hahha!
    Thanks rob! It was weird cause I know sensors go away in a few minutes but I went to the grocery store then drove around a little and it was still there. Now it's fine. It's gone! I just kept second guess myself because it looked little low but maybe I was just tripping over the fact that the light was on. Haha

Lol, don't get me wrong. The sensors are usually very accurate. They also have a smaller tolerance for pressure too low/high(which at a certain pressure will trip the light as well.) Because of the low profile tire, a small leak will cause a run flat and ruined tire waaay faster that say a half ton pickup tire(nearly equal tire pressure. Just way more volume in a pickup tire) so...the sensors are working just fine. And just like 11 black and ingo said. When the tire reaches a operating temp and the pressure climbs, the sensor reports all good. Were just moving the operating range of tire pressure up a bit. Enough to satisfy the sensors, your driving style, and the wear/safety of your tires. Consider how much a set of four is for you, or any of us any more and getting ocd with tires really isn't a bad thing lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

What are the PSI of different driving styles and what are the PSI for better MPG? haha

I also heard that if you get bigger rims the PSI goes up?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The optimum PSI for certain conditions would depend on the wheel specs and the tire specs and temperature and the track and the driver etc.

If you have stock wheels and tires then the optimum psi for handling and MPG would probably be what's on the door. I wouldn't know though lol.

damn my tire pressure light came on AGAIN! idk if theres a hole or not! i hope not! i gotta check tomorrow! sighhhhh!!!!!!

OK...that sux. If that's the case. Yes, IMO you most likely have a tire going flat. Something is causing the sensors to trip and I've found them to be annoying, but accurate for the most part. So before a tire is all the way flat(if you can't see one already) grab a air gauge and checkem. Find a or the lowest and hit up a tire shop. I'd stay away from any that do external repairs. They don't last and begin to leak soon after installation. Plus...they can't see if your tire is damaged inside. That said...a quick plug that you put in might save you from buying a new tire/s but I digress.

If you do find a low tire and want to check...we use a healthy dose of dawn dishwasher soap in a big squirt bottle. Mix it till the water turns dark green-blue and go to town on the tire. Find something bubbling and bingo. Off to the shop. As a add...if you find a leak and decide to change it yourself to the spare, at our shop walk-in repairs get punched out quicker because not being on the car. Specialy if they're already marked where the leak is lol.
    Rob

OK...that sux. If that's the case. Yes, IMO you most likely have a tire going flat. Something is causing the sensors to trip and I've found them to be annoying, but accurate for the most part. So before a tire is all the way flat(if you can't see one already) grab a air gauge and checkem. Find a or the lowest and hit up a tire shop. I'd stay away from any that do external repairs. They don't last and begin to leak soon after installation. Plus...they can't see if your tire is damaged inside. That said...a quick plug that you put in might save you from buying a new tire/s but I digress.

If you do find a low tire and want to check...we use a healthy dose of dawn dishwasher soap in a big squirt bottle. Mix it till the water turns dark green-blue and go to town on the tire. Find something bubbling and bingo. Off to the shop. As a add...if you find a leak and decide to change it yourself to the spare, at our shop walk-in repairs get punched out quicker because not being on the car. Specialy if they're already marked where the leak is lol.
    I found a small nail in the inside part of my rear left tire. Sigh!!! Should I just get a patch? Or is there something else I can do to save my new summer tires!!!? =[[[

Haha noooo its not that bad I don't think. Take it to a professional tire shop and have it repaired. Once that's done your good until you get 'nailed' again. Just get it fixed asap to prevent damage to the inside from running low. Nails are almost generally reparable.
    Rob

I went to a BIG O tire and got it patched for $22. Not bad.. When the dude backed out my car .... he totally just stalled it haha... all the workers were laughing at him lol

Haha worth every buck for a good laugh. At least he didn't dump and launch. That's cool
    Rob

Haha worth every buck for a good laugh. At least he didn't dump and launch. That's cool
    ohhh hell no! if they did i would be mad and demand a free patch! haha. im anal about people driving my car that i dont trust like tint store, tire places, etc. You on chat right now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.