Opinion on Bremmer Kraft wheels

View Poll Results: Which would look better on a Black 2014 WRX hatch: Black or Hyper Silver Raijins?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Enkei Raijin

13 65.00%
  • Hyper Silver Enkei Raijin

7 35.00%
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Opinion on Bremmer Kraft wheels within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New to the forum, and I've tried searching for previous threads regarding this but couldn't really find what I was ...

Opinion on Bremmer Kraft wheels

New to the forum, and I've tried searching for previous threads regarding this but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

So quick story... I was supposed to bring my X5 for a state inspection then found out that I will be shelling out a lot of money for repairs... Then ended up making a quick trip to the dealer. The minute I stepped inside and saw the black WRX hatch, I knew I wanted to go home with it... And I did LOL! He didn't even know that it was a '14 model Been happy since

So here's the thing, I've always wanted black on black but with a silver lip. I just think it looks gorgeous especially when running. Couldn't really find a nice spoke design til I saw the BR09. Any feedback on how the brand performs? I know it's not as light as the others (23.4 lbs) but just how much different will it be? I like to drive hard sometimes (ok maybe more than that) and just wanted to make sure that it can keep up. Thinking of getting 18x8 Bremmer Kraft BR09 and mating it with 235/40ZR18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I like the design. '14's have a huge wheel well, you could potentially go 9-10" wide. Get them in silver! silver and black ftw

Hmmm... Well now that you've mentioned it... Wide sounds good! How about Enkei Raijins? I wanted the 18x9.5 but not really excited about rolling the rear fenders... Or will I get away without doing any modification? If a mod is required then I might go with the 18x8.5. Only thing is that the black Raijins are all black, and I really wanted some contrast at least. I have seen some pics of black on black but I don't know if they only look stale or the pics just don't do the setup justice. Now I'm confused about getting the Black Raijin or Hyper Silver. Ugh so many choices...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I like the design. '14's have a huge wheel well, you could potentially go 9-10" wide. Get them in silver! silver and black ftw
    It doesn't work that way. The width of wheels that one should run has to do with the suspension components and not the wheel well.

I wouldn't go larger than 9.5" wheels on the newer WRX and WRX STis.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It doesn't work that way. The width of wheels that one should run has to do with the suspension components and not the wheel well.
    Yes, I realize that.

I never said that the correct size wheel was dependent on the size of the wheel well. I simply said that a wider wheel would potentially fit under there, and I've seen countless newer models run 9-10 width. I'll remember to insert the technical and performance disclaimers next time.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Yes, I realize that.

I never said that the correct size wheel was dependent on the size of the wheel well. I simply said that a wider wheel would potentially fit under there, and I've seen countless newer models run 9-10 width. I'll remember to insert the technical and performance disclaimers next time.
    After looking into it, I think I've decided to go with the 18x8.5. I don't think I'm ready for some fender rolling just yet. Need help with the color though. Also, I wish I could change the title of this thread... Kinda misleading since I want to go with Enkeis this time LOL

Awesome, glad you did your research. I assumed you would, that's why I didn't write you a technical book and rather, I just presented you with another option.

I'd get the hyper silver, It looks so killer on black, but that's just my opinion. I'm a black and silver person. I don't like black on black.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Black on black can be nice, but I don't think the silver lip will look good on a new hatch. They are chunky looking to begin with, and the silver lip makes wheels look smaller than they actually are which can look silly. Go with hyper silver IMO
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.