TPMS 2014 WRX

This is a discussion on TPMS 2014 WRX within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2014 wrx and live in NY so I have been looking into snow tires. I plan ...

TPMS 2014 WRX

I just bought a 2014 wrx and live in NY so I have been looking into snow tires. I plan on going 16 inch steel wheels and haven't decided on which tire yet. The thing that's bugging me are the tpms sensors. I don't care about the light being on for the winter but don't want to deal with syncing two sets of tires.

Also, a friend from work has a 2013 and seems to believe that if the tpms sensors aren't working then the car disables the abs and traction control. I don't think that's the case but really can't find out any information about the 2014s. Is there any downside of not having the tpms sensors not working other than tie pressure?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tadley77 View Post
    I just bought a 2014 wrx and live in NY so I have been looking into snow tires. I plan on going 16 inch steel wheels and haven't decided on which tire yet. The thing that's bugging me are the tpms sensors. I don't care about the light being on for the winter but don't want to deal with syncing two sets of tires.

Also, a friend from work has a 2013 and seems to believe that if the tpms sensors aren't working then the car disables the abs and traction control. I don't think that's the case but really can't find out any information about the 2014s. Is there any downside of not having the tpms sensors not working other than tie pressure?

Thanks
    No. You should just monitor your pressure the old fashioned way and ignore the light. It will not have any impact on traction control or ABS.

even with abs based tpms, nothing is impacted by the light being on.