Which front and back sway bar to install?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which front and back sway bar to install? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I am thinking about getting front and back sway bars and I was wondering which type of sway ...

Which front and back sway bar to install?

Hey guys,

I am thinking about getting front and back sway bars and I was wondering which type of sway bars do you recommend on getting on my 13' wrx sedan.

It will technically be my first mod besides HID but that doesn't count for me. I always like a better feel for my car or should I go and save up for an exhaust? (which exhaust do you guys recommend too?)

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I suggest you use the search function. Also, if your HIDs are not retrofit, please remove them.

I Support ClubWRX
    blee, welcome to the club. Enjoy your stay.

When getting new sway bars you also need to upgrade your endlinks. I strongly suggest Whiteline endlinks, KLC139 (front) and KLC166 (rear) specifically.

For the sways, I think 24mm front and 22mm rear, solid bars not hallow, is just about perfect. Both Whiteline and Super Pro are amazing, and similarly priced.

Whiteline:
    BSF39XZ - front
    BSR49XZ - rear

Super Pro:
    RC0013FZ-24 - front
    RC0013RZ-22 - rear
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    you have a lot of time to waste on me man ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post

When getting new sway bars you also need to upgrade your endlinks. I strongly suggest Whiteline endlinks, KLC139 (front) and KLC166 (rear) specifically.

For the sways, I think 24mm front and 22mm rear, solid bars not hallow, is just about perfect. Both Whiteline and Super Pro are amazing, and similarly priced.

Thank you for the reply! Yeah i was looking into whiteline and i think they have a set of sways that come with endlinks =]

What would you recommend on exhaust?

Whiteline:
    BSF39XZ - front
    BSR49XZ - rear

Super Pro:
    RC0013FZ-24 - front
    RC0013RZ-22 - rear

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am thinking about getting front and back sway bars and I was wondering which type of sway bars do you recommend on getting on my 13' wrx sedan.

It will technically be my first mod besides HID but that doesn't count for me. I always like a better feel for my car or should I go and save up for an exhaust? (which exhaust do you guys recommend too?)

Thank you!
    I went with the Cobb swaybars.

If you have limited funds ... I would definitely get the sway bars over a new exhaust (if you're talking about a CBE). You'll get a lot more performance out of the sways. I would also wait until you're ready for a turbo back exhaust (money wise) and purchase a complete system ....

... I also agree ... do some research. There a lot of good information out there

Enjoy the car!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    What demon said pretty much sums up what every thread will say.

Whiteline:
    BSF39XZ - front
    BSR49XZ - rear

Super Pro:
    RC0013FZ-24 - front
    RC0013RZ-22 - rear
    Would it be better to get the front or rear first or would it be odd to get one at a time?

Does getting a 24mm front sway give more oversteer?

I Support ClubWRX
    Would it be better to get the front or rear first or would it be odd to get one at a time?

Does getting a 24mm front sway give more oversteer?
    you can get them one at a time, but may want to wait to install them at the same time.

If you stiffen the front only you will increase oversteer, if you stiffen the rear only you will increase understeer.

Stock, a WRX will have a bit of understeer, which is why I suggest 24mm in the front and 22mm in the rear. This combination together will reduce body roll and help to neutralize the natural understeer.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

you can get them one at a time, but may want to wait to install them at the same time.

If you stiffen the front only you will increase oversteer, if you stiffen the rear only you will increase understeer.

Stock, a WRX will have a bit of understeer, which is why I suggest 24mm in the front and 22mm in the rear. This combination together will reduce body roll and help to neutralize the natural understeer.
    i see. I am also thinking about getting a Access Port but would that void the warranty? I heard the dealership can track the restart of the AP.

Also, for the sway bars, what endlinks do you recommend ?
    Last edited by blee5192; 10-04-2013 at 10:59 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    i see. I am also thinking about getting a Access Port but would that void the warranty? I heard the dealership can track the restart of the AP.
    Yes and no. They can not see directly that you used a Cobb AccessPort. They can however see that you have changed the MAP of the ECU. When you flash a map, there is a counter in the ECU that shows how many times it has been reprogrammed. This could let them know that something was done. You can hide this by disconnecting the battery and pressing the brake to drain the system of all charge, then claim your battery died or that you disconnected it while doing some maintenance.

As for the original warranty question (removed) yes, it could, but no it will not. (sorry to be double-talking). There is no way to void your warranty out-right. However, if you go to the dealership with an issue that could have been caused by your modification they will likely do everything they can to deny the warranty claim. You will need to check your local state laws for clarification though, some states the dealer would have to provide a burden of proof that it was your modification that ultimately caused the issue, other states they can simply state you changed factory equipment and deny with no proof.

Also, for the sway bars, what endlinks do you recommend ?
    Quote Originally Posted by myself, above
    I strongly suggest Whiteline endlinks, KLC139 (front) and KLC166 (rear) specifically.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Yes and no. They can not see directly that you used a Cobb AccessPort. They can however see that you have changed the MAP of the ECU. When you flash a map, there is a counter in the ECU that shows how many times it has been reprogrammed. This could let them know that something was done. You can hide this by disconnecting the battery and pressing the brake to drain the system of all charge, then claim your battery died or that you disconnected it while doing some maintenance.

As for the original warranty question (removed) yes, it could, but no it will not. (sorry to be double-talking). There is no way to void your warranty out-right. However, if you go to the dealership with an issue that could have been caused by your modification they will likely do everything they can to deny the warranty claim. You will need to check your local state laws for clarification though, some states the dealer would have to provide a burden of proof that it was your modification that ultimately caused the issue, other states they can simply state you changed factory equipment and deny with no proof.
    I couldn't search the KLC166 endlinks.

Hey Demon,

I was doing more research and found that the kartboy front and rear endlinks work really well with the whiteline sway bar. Do you recommend those because it has a lot of good rating, 5 star to be exact. I also read that they needed spacers for the kartboys too but I am not sure how much space is needed to be filled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.