Does this wheel and snow tire package look correct?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

This is a discussion on Does this wheel and snow tire package look correct? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is for a 2013 WRX Hatch: 16X6.5 New Steel Wheel Black Painted x 4 - 2 215/55R16 General Altimax ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    24

    Does this wheel and snow tire package look correct?

    This is for a 2013 WRX Hatch:

    16X6.5 New Steel Wheel Black Painted x 4 - $232
    215/55R16 General Altimax Arctic x 4 - $376
    TPS Sensors x 4 - $144

    Total - $752

    Just want to make sure the sizes look good before I order.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User djk5077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    191
    Looks good to me. Looks like you probably pulled that information from the Tire Rack website. If you went to their site and put your car info in, the sizes will be correct. They do a lot of their own testing/fitting/etc... so the info there is correct.
    - Dave

    2012 pbp WRX premium

  4. #3
    Registered User A265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in a igloo
    Posts
    755
    Holy hell at that price I'd skip on the TPMS sensor, you realize you need to get them programmed every season right?

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    Holy hell at that price I'd skip on the TPMS sensor, you realize you need to get them programmed every season right?
    No, didn't know that. Does that have to be done at the dealer?

  6. #5
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by csilkman View Post
    No, didn't know that. Does that have to be done at the dealer?
    Yes, or an independent mechanic who has purchased the machine. Either way, it costs more than it should.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  7. #6
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    826
    Unless you want to buy the programming tool which I've heard cost between $100 and $200, the dealer will have to do it. Or probably any tire shop could do it as well. $20-$50 for that.
    Or... If you have your heart set on tpms, you can get a set of EZ-sensors. They can be programmed to the same code as your current sensors. They cost a little more, but it's a one time deal.
    My opinion... Skip the sensors, use cash saved to buy whiskey.

  8. #7
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Unless you want to buy the programming tool which I've heard cost between $100 and $200, the dealer will have to do it. Or probably any tire shop could do it as well. $20-$50 for that.
    Or... If you have your heart set on tpms, you can get a set of EZ-sensors. They can be programmed to the same code as your current sensors. They cost a little more, but it's a one time deal.
    My opinion... Skip the sensors, use cash saved to buy whiskey.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  9. #8
    Registered User djk5077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    191
    - Dave

    2012 pbp WRX premium

  10. #9
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    2,779
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by csilkman View Post
    No, didn't know that. Does that have to be done at the dealer?
    I get it done for free at my local tire shop. Takes less than five minutes. I think I paid less than $100 for four additional sensors...Do some more research online.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •