06 WRX suspension... Which way to go

This is a discussion on 06 WRX suspension... Which way to go within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright, let me start off this thread by letting you all know that I DID use the search button. For ...

06 WRX suspension... Which way to go

Alright, let me start off this thread by letting you all know that I DID use the search button. For whatever reason any time I use the search bar, it will not let me view any of the threads it finds.

Any how, I just picked up an 06 WRX last month. I'm not new to the scene (this is my 4th subaru), however I'm not well educated on suspension. I'm looking for something that will give me a nice looking drop and handle well too. I would like some input on some of the set ups you guys are running (coilovers and sping/strut combos). Maybe even throw in some other supporting suspension mods for good measure 👍. I'd like to stick around the $1000 limit. Other expenses aren't allowing my to go all out (damn you, life!). Looking forward to hearing about your setups and thank you all in advance for your help! Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock suspension on the car now?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Totally stock suspension. Car sits with 77k miles on it. Don't know if stock struts will hold up to just springs at this point.

So I found a set of used tein basic coilovers for sale on the local Craigslist. Guy is asking $700. I found them new for $830 from vivid racing. Any input?