(Different) Coilover noise

This is a discussion on (Different) Coilover noise within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so yes they are raceland coilovers, please dont bitch at me about my ****ty coilovers if you don't have ...

(Different) Coilover noise

Ok so yes they are raceland coilovers, please dont bitch at me about my ****ty coilovers if you don't have an answer to my question. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced it with other coilovers and if it is normal.

I put my new raceland coilovers on my WRX, and the shock seems to be pretty loud. It doesnt sound like a bad noise, just sounds like air, like the shock compressing, everytime i hit the slightest bump. Is this normal, and is there something i can do to quiet it down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If they're gas shocks, the noise is probably the gas compressing... but honestly like you mentioned, if you want quieter equipment, you'll probably have to spend the money on decent parts.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Music

How well do the racelands handle on the track?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I'm pretty sure the sound you hear is your WRX crying tears of shame because it's riding on Raceland coilovers.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I wouldn't expect anything else. What can you do to quiet it down? Buy better shocks.

As Zax said...its the gases compressing more than likely.

I was running Feal coilovers and they made no noises at all. Not exactly top of the line coilovers, but they were great quality.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    How well do the racelands handle on the track?
    It's actually my daily, if i tracked the car i wouldhave sprang for better coilovers.

And to everyone else, thats what i figured about the gas noise. Im not complaining, was just making sure it wasnt something wrong with them. Thanks for the responses

I'm not going to lie, raceland are cheap as all hell, but I'm also thinking about running them for a while. all 4 of my struts are blown, the fronts pop over bumps and leak so might as well upgrade anyway right?

I want to run them or something slightly better quality but still on the cheaper side, so my question to you is...how do you like them overall and what kind of problems have you noticed other then the noise?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez
    all 4 of my struts are blown, the fronts pop over bumps and leak so might as well upgrade anyway right?
    Blown OE struts are probably better in terms of ride quality and performance than Raceland coilovers
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I'm not going to lie, raceland are cheap as all hell, but I'm also thinking about running them for a while. all 4 of my struts are blown, the fronts pop over bumps and leak so might as well upgrade anyway right?

I want to run them or something slightly better quality but still on the cheaper side, so my question to you is...how do you like them overall and what kind of problems have you noticed other then the noise?
    Go for it. I mean, what's the worse that can happen when you modify the most critical component on your car with cheap parts?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post

Racelands aren't an upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by raabguy View Post
    It's actually my daily, if i tracked the car i wouldhave sprang for better coilovers.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX