I wanna put rota torques on my 02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I wanna put rota torques on my 02 wrx within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering what I should get if I want to get rota torches. I would like to get 18x8 ...

I wanna put rota torques on my 02 wrx

I was wondering what I should get if I want to get rota torches. I would like to get 18x8 and I want to put lowering springs but idk what I could do for it. What do recommend for me to get for rim size, tires, and lowering springs. I'm not looking to spend a lot I just want it to sit nice without camber. Could you please help me out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I was told that 17x8 is the ideal size for bugeyes and I totally agree. Without lowering your car, you still sit nice, but with a very mild drop, it's perfect. 18's can look a bit gaudy and large in some cases.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I was told that 17x8 is the ideal size for bugeyes and I totally agree. Without lowering your car, you still sit nice, but with a very mild drop, it's perfect. 18's can look a bit gaudy and large in some cases.
    So what would I get for tires if I for 17x8 and say like a 1" 1.5" lowering springs?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    225-245 width
    40-45 sidewall
    17'' diameter

...somewhere around there.

what are rota torches? I've never heard of that wheel.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

You'll do well with a 17x8 wheel with 225-235 17/45 size tires. +44 offset or higher is suggested.

Springs that will be good for you would be some RCE Yellows. You'll get a little bit of a drop (half inch or so) and stiffen up your body through cornering. You will now be putting more stress on your struts, so prepare to replace them soon. Also, you will require an alignment once you are done changing the suspension.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You'll do well with a 17x8 wheel with 225-235 17/45 size tires. +44 offset or higher is suggested.

Springs that will be good for you would be some RCE Yellows. You'll get a little bit of a drop (half inch or so) and stiffen up your body through cornering. You will now be putting more stress on your struts, so prepare to replace them soon. Also, you will require an alignment once you are done changing the suspension.

this ^^^ +48 or +45 offset
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ...You will now be putting more stress on your struts, so prepare to replace them soon. Also, you will require an alignment once you are done changing the suspension.
    If you're going to the trouble and labor of replacing the springs, then you should do the struts unless they have been done recently. Since it's an '02, if they are stick, then it's a no-brainer...
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.