Crawford's response to my email.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Crawford's response to my email. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A few days ago I had asked them if getting an air oil separator on my year (2012). Obviously I ...

Crawford's response to my email.

A few days ago I had asked them if getting an air oil separator on my year (2012). Obviously I asked about idcs and let them know with my tune I was at 100-104% at 6000-6500 rpms. If I should get a cbe, if it was worth it as well as what type of oil they feel is best ( told them I and most here used rotella t6).

Their response:

Hey Evan,
    Yes, an AOS is a good idea on every Subaru motor regardless of the year. If you are asking about the injector duty cycle then it is fine... unless you want to spend money. You can get larger injectors but they will not give you more of anything but take away instead. You will lose fuel mileage and potentially some power. If you put on a larger turbo then you will need larger injectors.

A cat back on the 08 and up will not give you any more power just a different sound / look.

Motul is the best oil... hands down.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u
    If you are asking about the injector duty cycle then it is fine... unless you want to spend money.
    They may feel fine tuning >100% IDCs

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u
    You can get larger injectors but they will not give you more of anything but take away instead. You will lose fuel mileage and potentially some power. If you put on a larger turbo then you will need larger injectors.
    If the injectors are properly tuned, you will have similar gas mileage to stock injectors. The same amount of fuel (regardless of injector size) is needed to target ~14.7 in CL and whatever is in your Primary OLF table.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-23-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I am thinking of selling the car to pick up a last year Evo x. The new ones I think are going to be very expensive as well as adding electric motors may cause some major issues. The upsides to the wrx are obvious, especially got my bad back how much more comfortable the seats are. Motor strength is not an issue, etc. however, the x has NO trunk space, less mileage, is less to insure though(go figure)... Interior is about the same. Anyway, I don't know what I'll do, just exploring my options.

Why go Evo over your WRX?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread took a confusing turn lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    The upsides to the wrx are obvious, especially got my bad back how much more comfortable the seats are.
    Overuse from detailing? If yes, I dealt with the same thing, and it's really frustrating. I usually only work 10-15 hours a month now, but I still have sciatic nerve issues. No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Overuse from detailing? If yes, I dealt with the same thing, and it's really frustrating. I usually only work 10-15 hours a month now, but I still have sciatic nerve issues. No bueno.
    If I detail a car, I spend the next 2-3 days in bed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Why go Evo over your WRX?
    I had one before and I loved it, I wound up with some family issues over someone I got to work on it, he got drunk and torn the clutch up in it, it never felt the same so I sold it. For me the brakes, seats, suspension are all better right off the bat. Engine is stronger and I just really loved the car. I really like my wrx as well too though, so that's why I'm just thinking about it. Nothing certain.

Back on topic, if I keep the wrx I'm going to add elh to the engine and that will likely be it, but I wanted to find out what Crawford recommended just in case since they are a big name in the subbie world.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.