Rota Grids Question

This is a discussion on Rota Grids Question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking at getting a set that are already done in white. My question is the only ones i can find ...

Rota Grids Question

Looking at getting a set that are already done in white. My question is the only ones i can find in white are 17x9 5x100, so the bolt pattern is good i just don't know if they are too wide and I would need to do any fender rolling. I believe the stock wheel size is 17x8 5x100. Also i found a set that were 17x8 but bolt pattern 5x114.3 so is would it be better to grab those and get spacers? I was reading through wheel fitment on here as well as nasioc first but wanted to get some opinions, sorry if its a noob question.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll be fine with a 9 inch wide wheel. Just make sure you get the correct offset. Don't mess with spacers, you'll be better off with the correct bolt pattern.

Ok thanks man, 1 more thing..I know the stock offset is 53mm, could you go any lower than that without issues? Unfortunately i just checked again i thought it was 52mm but they are 42mm...

So my plan was 17x9 5x100 +42 with 245/40-17 tires
    Last edited by mugentheman215; 08-20-2013 at 11:06 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mugentheman215 View Post
    Ok thanks man, 1 more thing..I know the stock offset is 53mm, could you go any lower than that without issues? Unfortunately i just checked again i thought it was 52mm but they are 42mm...

So my plan was 17x9 5x100 +42 with 245/40-17 tires
    You shouldn't run into any rubbing with that offset. I have an STI so the suspension is a little stiffer, but I have 18x9 with +45 offset and have no rubbing at all. And I have 255's rather than 245's. The 255's would fit a 9 inch wheel better than a 245. You wouldn't really have stretch, but the sidewalls would be angled slightly.

Friends don't let friends ride on rotas
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Friends don't let friends ride on rotas
    Sorry dont have 3k to spend oh wheels :P

Remember that when they break. Just google "rota wheels" and almost all you get is pics of broken ones. Only wheel company that happens with. Remember how much money you don't have when you gotta buy them again. Good luck

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Only wheel company that happens with.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I wasn't saying that others can't break. I was saying that other company's arent so well know for always breaking that all your search results come up as broken

well i made the guy an offer of $650 cause he needed the cash asap so for that price ill just take my chances, I know where your coming from eblanc but I also know people who have ran them for years with no issues so to each there own, but thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by mugentheman215 View Post
    well i made the guy an offer of $650 cause he needed the cash asap so for that price ill just take my chances, I know where your coming from eblanc but I also know people who have ran them for years with no issues so to each there own, but thanks for the heads up
    I've got 19x9.5+38 on my 12 wrx and i love them. They're light, drive great, fit perfect I've had many, many compliments on the look and finish. Any wheel regardless of price will fail under abuse, dont listen to all the riff raff about wheels out there.

Rota Grids Question

All of those wheel breaks I guarantee are from hitting a huge pot hole, curb, debris in the road, or an accident. I doubt they were just driving along and the wheel shattered. I've seen mangled volks and work wheels. If you hit something the right way the wheel will break no matter what kind of wheel. But obviously the rota will break first, they aren't forged and as strong. Given why they don't cost $1000 a wheel. I think cheap wheels are perfectly fine. I probably wouldn't track with them though. :-P

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Pictures?