Now have SS lines and ST pads, but pedal still has a lot of play...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Now have SS lines and ST pads, but pedal still has a lot of play... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do I need to get the master cylinder brace? For those who have them, does it make a big difference ...

Now have SS lines and ST pads, but pedal still has a lot of play...

Do I need to get the master cylinder brace? For those who have them, does it make a big difference with pads and lines? I have Valvoline brake fluid and all of the lines have been bled.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ST?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    ST?
    Stop tech

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you brought it out for a ride yet? When I changed my lines it took a few good pumps of the brakes before I noticed the pedal feeling stiffer. The brake pads won't have any impact on the pedal feel so if you are looking for a stiffer pedal you probably want to look into the master cylinder brace. Interesting that you didn't notice a fair difference because when I did mine (Goodrich ss lines and Super blue fluid) I noticed a pretty good change. How did you bleed the fluid...pumping it out with your pedal or with an actual bleeder?

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a shop swap on SS lines and ATE Superblue into the bugeye, and the difference was very noticeable the moment I drove away. As suggested, I'd recheck the line bleeding again and see if any extra bubbles in the lines.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Sounds like a bad bleed to me. Was there any improvement to the pedal feel at all?

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Have you brought it out for a ride yet? When I changed my lines it took a few good pumps of the brakes before I noticed the pedal feeling stiffer. The brake pads won't have any impact on the pedal feel so if you are looking for a stiffer pedal you probably want to look into the master cylinder brace. Interesting that you didn't notice a fair difference because when I did mine (Goodrich ss lines and Super blue fluid) I noticed a pretty good change. How did you bleed the fluid...pumping it out with your pedal or with an actual bleeder?
    No, I did the old pedal and cracking the bleeder method.

I mean it's not like OMG this is HORRBILE type bad, but you have to push a fair amount, I mean they won't just bite right away unless the pedal is down a fair amount. I know a lot of people use the ATE fluid, but TBH fluid doesn't cause the pedal to be stiffer somehow does it? I mean does it somehow have more compression than just regular Valvoline fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Sounds like a bad bleed to me. Was there any improvement to the pedal feel at all?
    Yes, there was a little bit better feel. When I had gotten my lines and bled the brakes, it helped a little, but I was less than impressed.

I wanted to come back to this thread because i'm just been thinking about it for a while. I don't recall the order in which I bled the brakes, but I found it on here ... several times so i'm pretty sure it was correct I just pumped the pedal about 10 times, my brother in law cracked the bleeder, he looked for bubbles and after all of them were out I did it one more time just to make sure, before moving to the next side. I also made sure to fill it up at any time that it started to get low and then after I was done, it was filled to the max line.

Does it sound like something got screwed up in the process maybe?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.