Matching springs for proper sping rates? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Matching springs for proper sping rates? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'am still on my oem wrx suspension. The v8's should be here friday. I have 114k on my bugeye as ...

I'am still on my oem wrx suspension. The v8's should be here friday. I have 114k on my bugeye as well the struts. They are not bouncy but are very soft and starting to clunk. I noticed my top hats were cracked and I figured while im in there to just replace everything. The v8's only have 20k on them. I got a a killer deal so I went for it. Now I've got to put some zerk fittings in there and I will be set. As far as lowering I just want to drop it enough to even it out don't want to be slammed to the ground like that audi you saw..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here is what I' am thinking and you guys can tell me if this is a bad idea or not. Swift sport springs which give 252-224 spring rates and drop the car 1inch in front .8 in the back. These are very similar to the "accepted" jdm pinks that everyone says is fine to run but nothing else lol. My plan is to run these for a bit and see how they react with the dampening on the stock v8 struts. If they don't feel right, I' am going to send the struts into to Feal for a re valve and from there I should be set. That way I can determine if i like the drop and if the springs mess up the struts, well I will be sending them in any way and they will come back good as new..

In case you guys haven't heard of them: http://rallyracingsuspension.com/page23.html

Update:
    I got to ride in and drive my friends stock 07 sti and felt the bobble head effect. It is not that bad unless you are going 80 on a somewhat wavy or bumpy highway and then you can really feel your head and stomach bouncing. The suspension feels amazing though. I went a head and ordered some swift sport springs 04 sti spec. Going to add zerk fittings to the struts and I will put them on over the weekend. Will update more after everything is installed for those interested.
    Last edited by Buzzard11; 08-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.