Subaru WRX Forum banner

Federal 595 rsr track review

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Gator0302 
#1 ·
I've looked through different forums for reviews on the Federal 595 rsr tire for the track with no such luck so I thought I would write my own. First impressions were amazing as these tires are very forgiving. I'm an amateur driver at best and yesterday went to the Streets at Willow in California which was my second time there. I ran 234 40 17 at 39 psi front and 37 psi rear and would have to lower it from about 46 psi after each session. I ran 5 25 min sessions and drove to and from the track which was about 300 miles total and went from 8/32 to roughly 6.5-7/32 of tread. I was really able to push it in the corners with very little tires squeal and braking was outstanding in the straights. Also when I was able to get the car to turn in the corners the slide was very controllable and straightened out immediately. There was a little snap back but that's a whole nother discussion. For the price of 103 per tire these tires are perfect track time. Here are a few pics of the tires the day after.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.