Ok gotta make a choice... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ok gotta make a choice... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The HPS are highly recommended/reviewed everywhere. I think they are a safe bet and are tried and true. I would ...

I Support ClubWRX
    The HPS are highly recommended/reviewed everywhere. I think they are a safe bet and are tried and true. I would go for ss lines and new brake fluid while you are at it. It made a good difference in brake pedal feel for me when I changed that out. I was also considering the MC brace, but didn't want to deal with the PITA install. I figure I will do it somewhere down the road when I am doing something major to my engine and don't have to squeeze the thing in there.

I know it's been beat to death in this thread, but I just thought I would add that my Michelin Pilot Super Sports and custom alignment are probably my favorite modifications so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    The HPS are highly recommended/reviewed everywhere. I think they are a safe bet and are tried and true. I would go for ss lines and new brake fluid while you are at it. It made a good difference in brake pedal feel for me when I changed that out. I was also considering the MC brace, but didn't want to deal with the PITA install. I figure I will do it somewhere down the road when I am doing something major to my engine and don't have to squeeze the thing in there.

I know it's been beat to death in this thread, but I just thought I would add that my Michelin Pilot Super Sports and custom alignment are probably my favorite modifications so far.
    yeah, i'm gonna do those last 2 when I pick up the extra money. I was surprised that TIC recommended the HPS+ pads because of their (from what I've read) tendency not to bite as well during the cold months. I have the Goodridge phantom lines already... I can't say that they did a massive amount for me in terms of pedal feel (also did change the fluid, but i'm not convinced that the superblue had some kind of super high compression amount, and i'm not tracking the car so i'm not worried about continuous stops. I just added Valvoline fluid instead.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Ok, i'm still up in the air about which sways to get and might have to save some money, but the brake pads I am definitely going to do. I CANNOT STAND the pathetic brakes on this car.

The also had recommended the MC brace... and I know they know their stuff but man I've been reading more and more and no one has seemed to have an easy time on that install.
    I have to say that I have found AutoZone mid-grade ceramic pads totally good for the street. They'd fade on the track, and there I use better pads. But for the street, they are totally fine. I guess I don;t understand what others do on the street that seems to cause so many complaints about basic pads.
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller2002 View Post
    I have to say that I have found AutoZone mid-grade ceramic pads totally good for the street. They'd fade on the track, and there I use better pads. But for the street, they are totally fine. I guess I don;t understand what others do on the street that seems to cause so many complaints about basic pads.
    Not really basic pads, just the oe's suck lol

Just ordered the ST's... they are to much cheaper to ignore over the Hawks... the reviews I read didn't impress me with the Hawks either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12