Snow tires/wheels

This is a discussion on Snow tires/wheels within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need to get myself some snow tires and wheels for the winter months. I've got a 2013 Rex, currently ...

Snow tires/wheels

I need to get myself some snow tires and wheels for the winter months. I've got a 2013 Rex, currently on the OEM '17s with Dunlop Sport SP 01s, which would not hold up to the winters the Northeast can throw. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    2013 WRX SE, completely stock, except for the mats.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want the best, check out Nokian.

I really like my General Altimax Artics. They were cheap and are pretty highly rated. They were great in what little snow NJ had last winter.

Have you guys used anything else or have you only experienced what you're recommending?

Search the forum, there are TONS of threads like this one. Everyone has their favorites, but the top choices tend to be Nokians, Dunlop Wintersport 3d's, and of course Blizzaks (on the lower end, IMO).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Search the forum, there are TONS of threads like this one. Everyone has their favorites, but the top choices tend to be Nokians, Dunlop Wintersport 3d's, and of course Blizzaks (on the lower end, IMO).
    I got the Dunlops new last year. Never had any significant snow to test with year, but they performed nicely in all other conditions.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I got the Dunlops new last year. Never had any significant snow to test with year, but they performed nicely in all other conditions.
    I've had many, many days behind the wheel with the 3Ds mounted, and can say without question they are an exceptional tire in the snow. While they aren't a true hardcore studded, I wanted to maintain some driveability in dry conditions and really love the balance between conditions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Read much good about them, so looking forward to the grip when / if needed. If the roads are too bad my employer closes. I still get paid.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics