Subaru WRX Forum banner

Experience with Fuzio tires

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 ·
I just got a 2012 WRX coupe with 16K miles, and it came with Fuzio UHP's. I have read that stock tires were Dunlops. The tires seem pretty quiet and grippy, so I guess I don't have any complaint with them, though I'm used to Bridgestone Potenzas on my previous BMW. I will plan on driving them through the winter--in Omaha, we don't usually get really deep snow, and if we do I can always drive my fiancee's truck.

Any thoughts on these tires?

#2 ·
These are low end summer tires. The Dunlop's were probably shot, so the dealer tossed on the cheapest tires they could get. On TireRack, reviewers expressly point out their very poor performance in cold temps (as is the case with ANY performance summer tire).

I would not use these during winter, even if the roads are dry. Summer tires are not safe below 40 degree temps.

Welcome to the club! :)

#3 ·
^ What he said. General advice is not to drive in the winter on the stock summers, or any summers. Even a tiny bit of snow is going to be too much for a summer tire.

#5 ·
These Fuzion tires are all-weather, not summer, so presumably they have some tread with cold-tolerant rubber.

I'm familiar with the flaws of all-weather tires, and in general you get what you pay for with tires, so I don't expect too much, but I think I'll drive them awhile and see how they perform. I drove my Outback with all-weather tires through some really harsh winters in Wisconsin, and had no problems. Even living on the Hill of Death. It usually doesn't snow too much in Nebraska. Usually.

#6 ·
If I were looking at tires... the only all seasons I'd think about would be the continental DWS's. (Just FYI when you replace those)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.