Experience with Fuzio tires

This is a discussion on Experience with Fuzio tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got a 2012 WRX coupe with 16K miles, and it came with Fuzio UHP's. I have read that ...

Experience with Fuzio tires

I just got a 2012 WRX coupe with 16K miles, and it came with Fuzio UHP's. I have read that stock tires were Dunlops. The tires seem pretty quiet and grippy, so I guess I don't have any complaint with them, though I'm used to Bridgestone Potenzas on my previous BMW. I will plan on driving them through the winter--in Omaha, we don't usually get really deep snow, and if we do I can always drive my fiancee's truck.

Any thoughts on these tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    These are low end summer tires. The Dunlop's were probably shot, so the dealer tossed on the cheapest tires they could get. On TireRack, reviewers expressly point out their very poor performance in cold temps (as is the case with ANY performance summer tire).

I would not use these during winter, even if the roads are dry. Summer tires are not safe below 40 degree temps.

Welcome to the club!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

^ What he said. General advice is not to drive in the winter on the stock summers, or any summers. Even a tiny bit of snow is going to be too much for a summer tire.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

yea, basically the rubber used for summer tires gets hard around 40-45F and grip drops off big time

These Fuzion tires are all-weather, not summer, so presumably they have some tread with cold-tolerant rubber.

I'm familiar with the flaws of all-weather tires, and in general you get what you pay for with tires, so I don't expect too much, but I think I'll drive them awhile and see how they perform. I drove my Outback with all-weather tires through some really harsh winters in Wisconsin, and had no problems. Even living on the Hill of Death. It usually doesn't snow too much in Nebraska. Usually.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were looking at tires... the only all seasons I'd think about would be the continental DWS's. (Just FYI when you replace those)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!